|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Traveling Vaccination Event Specialist, RN is responsible for safely and properly administering COVID-19 vaccine to event participants and for providing proper education about potential adverse reactions. As needed (dependent on Vaccine manufacturer), will be responsible for proper vaccine reconstitution on-site. The Vaccination Specialist will also be responsible for proper documentation of all vaccination activities. Role will be field based and responsible for traveling as needed across designated geographical region.
This is a Per Diem role.
- As needed, prior to administration, responsible for proper handling and reconstitution of vaccine per manufacturer specifications
- Responsible for safe and proper handling and administration of COVID-19 vaccine
- Adheres to manufacturer guidelines with little to no waste of vaccine
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of all vaccination activities
- Follows proper aseptic technique in administering vaccinations
- Educates patients regarding vaccination process and possible adverse reactions
- Maintains proper use of required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which will be provided
- Adheres to infection control procedures
- Maintains confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Organizes workload, sets priorities, completes assignments in a timely manner and utilizes resources appropriately while complying with organizational standards
- Performs all duties and functions in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
- Completes all required training
- Conforms with and supports quality assurance and improvement processes
- Dedicated to building rapport with team members, internal and external customers, and management team by demonstrating a strong customer service orientation and a continuous positive image of OptumServe
- Be able to travel on short notice as events need to be staffed
- This list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Valid and unrestricted professional license (RN) in the state of residence
- Active CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR certification within 30 days
- Able to be field based and travel to new locations on short notice. Travel will be coordinated by Company
- Able to work flexible schedule to support potential overnight events
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree, BSN
- 1+ years clinical experience in a health care delivery system
- Experience with proper vaccine reconstitution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $25.63 to $45.72. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, Travel RN, Travel Nurse, Per Diem Nurse, PRN, Vaccine Nurse, Covid Nurse, Covid ICU Nurse, Covid ICU RN, Covid-19, Covid, Vaccination, Vaccine, Travel Nurse, Travel RN, Per Diem, PRN, Traveling, RN, Registered Nurse, Vaccination Sites, Vaccination Specialist, Nationwide, Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Dallas, Minneapolis, Chicago, Houston