|Date Posted||July 2, 2021|
Temporary - Admin Asst. (COVID-19 Data Entry)
Job Requisition Number
Austin Public Health
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus three (3) years of experience in general clerical/secretarial experience.
- Education and or experience will substitute for the minimum qualifications
Notes to Applicants
The purpose of these positions is to provide data entry support to the COVID-19 emergency response efforts. These positions are expected to last through September 2021. COVID-19 data entry team- individuals in these positions will be dedicated to vaccine operations. COVID-19 call center-individuals in these positions will support the call center to provide information to callers on both COVID-19 testing and COVID-19 vaccine information. These positions will work within the call center located at 6800 Burleson Rd. Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in perceiving and reacting sensitively to the needs of others
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of required HIPPA and other Texas privacy laws
- Application of good knowledge of current cultural, social, economic and public health issues and community demographics
- Interacts with clients, community partners and co-workers with fairness and equity and deliver services free of bias or prejudice.
- Ensure the health and safety of the community within ability and resources and treat the diverse customers with thoughtful listening and respect. If you are identified as a top candidate, verification of your education, which may include High School graduation or GED, undergraduate and/or graduate degrees, will be required. Please ensure that the email address and contact information you provide is current, secure and readily accessible to you. We will not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our e-mails or fail to check your inbox in a timely manner. Any Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed will be provided. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days.
8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday- Friday.
Job Close Date
Type of Posting
Austin Public Health
Temporary (No benefits)
Grant Funded or Pooled Position
7201 Levander Loop, Bldg. E Austin, Texas 78702
- Previous Data Entry experience
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Greets visitors, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate person.
- Answers multi-line telephones, or two-way radios and directs calls or takes messages.
- Maintains office supply inventories by placing orders.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings.
- Distributes, disperses, and reconciles petty cash requests.
- Types letters, memos, forms and other correspondence.
- Picks up, sorts and delivers mail to appropriate person.
- Files and retrieves documents, records and reports.
- Maintains records, enters data and retrieves data as needed.
- Analyzes and interprets data and prepares reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques and methods.
- Knowledge of city practices, policy and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with city employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
This position requires graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus three (3) years of experience in general clerical/secretarial experience. Education and or experience will substitute for the minimum qualifications. Do you meet these Minimum Qualifications?
If identified as the top candidate, do you agree to a Criminal Background Investigation?
Due to working in high risk areas, applicants applying for this position must comply with the departments
immunization policy as a condition of employment. Can you meet this requirement?
- Yes, I will comply to the vaccinations required by the APH department
- No, I cannot meet this requirement
In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of Austin?
- Don't know
If you answered yes to the question above, please describe your experience.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter