|Published||September 22, 2022|
|Location||Redwood City, CA|
We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
- Actively provide technical support for all Thermal products via phone, email, and online chat for our Sales Channels, Direct Customers as well as Customer Service.
- Answering questions of customers by telephone and in writing concerning technical queries, prices, orders & tenders.
- The primary point of contact for troubleshooting installation issues & start-up assistance for thermostats and control and monitoring controllers.
- Primary contact for engineered solutions for nVent applications using standard and custom products and creation of quotes for these applications.
- Heat loss calculation of piping and equipment.
- Process technical quotations to customers for the North American and Latin American markets
- Maintaining quotations within the ERP/CRM system.
- Handling customer complaints related to technical matters
- Knowledge of product approvals and suitability of use for each application.
- Participate in marketing initiatives including sales training, product launches, and promotion campaigns.
- Project Management and engineering for some specialty customers.
- Working closely together with our Customer Care, Sales, and Product Management departments.
- May require travel to job sites for Field Support which could include programming of controllers, troubleshooting products, and sales presentations/training
- Lead Management of inquiries from the website for downloadable software and general inquiries.
- Refer direct contact emails and RFQs coming from the website to Sales Channels
- Lead processes for software registration and support.
- Know your nVent counterparts and share business practices with them.
- User of ERP and CRM for gathering design quotes and contacts at end-user accounts.
- Run & build quotes from E-Commerce users for configured products.
- Capture contacts and comments when troubleshooting and start-up support are provided to end-user customers.
- Academic background in:
- Bachelor's degree in (Electrical/Electronic, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering) preferred
- Previous experience in or with:
- Call Center phone system experience
- SAP ERP/quote management system experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
- Proficiency in Architectural and/or Engineering drawings (process flow, electrical line lists, piping schematics)
- Ability to multi-task and balance shifting priorities to satisfy customer requests
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills especially over the phone
- Technical skills for product knowledge.
- Advanced Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Bluebeam
- Problem solving under adverse time constraints
- Capable of working with Shared Email and phones: Team environment
- This person should possess a "can do" attitude and be encouraged to learn product information quickly.
- Have a positive and constructive impact on the team; professional attitude towards different positions working closely with within the operations organization
- Capability to follow standard work processes and help create them when needed
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.