|Location||New York, NY|
|Date Posted||July 9, 2021|
Looking for Technical Program Manager in New York, NY 10003 location for a 7+ months contract role.
- No more than 7 years of experience, not looking for someone to senior.
- Can be from any background, Tech analyst experience is preferred.
- SQL test will be done, must be comfortable using that tool
- Analytic and operations support. This is not a strategy or decision-making role strictly operations
Manage COVID ad credit tracking and internal reporting
- Collaboration with Finance/Partnerships/GMS
- Tracking issuance and spend on vaccine messaging from WHO and Government partners
- Pulling country-level COVID and vaccine data for collateral and external messaging
- Example types of tracking needed: number of countries covered, beneficiary type by country, issuance vs spend, engagement metrics (CACL)
- Weekly Covid-19 ad content reviews
- Tracking vaccine ads, advertisers, and country coverage
- Flagging ads that violate our T&Cs or are out of scope for the program
- Analysis of Government advertising trends
- Triage email incomings from Policy, Comms, Partnerships, and other teams about ad credit and ads transparency processes
- CACL rollout and support to GPA issuing Covid-19 ad credits, backend coordination with Finance
- Budget advising, Troubleshoot coupon issues, Answer basic ads transparency questions, Manage Policy house ad account
- Monitor ads transparency tasks and facilitate reviews across Covid-19 and ad credit programs
- Fast tracking Covid-19 and vaccine ads transparency reviews
- Regular audits with BI-Ops on disclaimers and coordinating with partner managers
- Make sure task is assigned to the correct person, Flag inaccuracies for BI-Ops, Remind reviewers who are running late, Flag high pri requests
Ideal Profile (Skills / Experience)
- SQL and Tableau
- Strong Excel/G-sheet skills with the ability to write moderately complex functions and organize data in a visually straightforward way
- Clear written and verbal communication, ability to explain complex concepts and processes to beginners, comfort communicating with people across seniority and orgs
- Process-oriented mindset, ability to understand complex processes and the different roles our xfn partners play in that process so they can properly triage issues/concerns
- Experience working cross-culturally and with nonprofits/government/public policy/comms functions
- Good judgment on anticipating potential policy, comms, legal risks, knows when to escalate
- Resourceful, independent, problem-solving
- Passionate about supporting the global rollout of the Covid-19 vaccine and increasing vaccine trust globally
- Ideally based on ET or CT time zones
Story Behind the Need – Business Group & Key Projects:
- Key Projects: provide product and operational support to News media partners
- Size of team/team environment: News media partners
Typical Day in the Role:
- 8 hours a day around 8-5 are the core hours. Flexible hours but a total of 40 hours each week – but expected during the 9-5
- OT: NOOT
Compelling Story & Candidate Value Proposition
We are providing $120M ad credits (donated ad space) and technical support to help Government, international organizations like WHO and UNICEF, and NGOs like Doctors Without Borders to amplify credible health messaging and build trust in the vaccine. this role is a core part of that effort by helping us to issue these credits, track them, and help build materials to communicate these efforts externally
1 SQL and Tableau: Strong Excel/G-sheet skills with the ability to write moderately complex functions and organize data in a visually straightforward way
2 Clear written and verbal communication, ability to explain complex concepts and processes to beginners, comfort communicating with people across seniority and orgs
3 Process-oriented mindset, ability to understand complex processes and the different roles our xfn partners play in that process so they can properly triage issues/concerns
1 Experience working cross-culturally and with nonprofits/government/public policy/comms functions
2 Good judgment on anticipating potential policy, comms, legal risks, knows when to escalate
3 Resourceful, independent, problem-solving
Years of experience –5-7 years
BA/BS degree- Will take someone with equivalent experience if they do not have a degree.
Interview: 1st screen, a test will be sent, second round will by with Kylie, once cleared they will complete a SQL test with an analyst.
Questions form PS to HM:
1. Explain the role
a. Running a covid 19 response to reach the 50 million goal of people vaccinated. The team is donating ad space and creative support to the CDS, health ministry’s globally, and government. Helping to build trust in the vaccine and where/how to get it. A very large program with a huge budget and partners around the world. It is currently managed but the HM and 2 others along with field team. This role will help with analytics support for this project. Will tell stories using found data and spreadsheets to create compelling narrative for internal reports and to show company leadership.
2. What has been missing
a. Analytics support, excel skills, helping managing requests and approvals. Have to be able to story tell through data. Some daily program management, in addition to analytics support, they will help with day to day tasks- ex: content reviews, health related. Reviewing content and make judgment calls if it is ok to use and not political inaccurate or promoting a specific political process
b. Resumes were too focused on health sector, 10 + YEO, and too focused on data analytics.
i. Data is great, but need more beyond that skill.
c. This person has to be able to provide guidance. Policy and Comms experience is great.
d. We need someone who can provide answers but understand the business goal and help team navigate to the correct action to take.
e. Need someone who can take feedback and willing to learn and grow
f. 3-5 years ideal; this is not a true decision-making role but more support based. Analytics is top skill and being resourceful, no one to senior.
- What Data tools are we looking for?
a. SQL, Tableau, Excel Google Sheet
- Any Analytic background works?
a. Yep, data for policy or comms function is a huge plus though. TECH backgrounds always key.
a. Not needed, skills over education
- Covert or extend?
a. Since the program is Covid-19 will go until end of year for sure. There is possibility to extend into 2022 beyond 6 months.
- SQL Test? What does that look like?
a. 2 technical exercise after initial screening.
b. 1st test- google sheet with raw data and sort and analyze and content criteria review
c. Last round- 30 min with a team
d. And then SQL test with interviewer and writing coding live
a. HM is based in EMEA and counterparts are in CA. Looking for ET or CT time zone. NY, TX, Chicago for example