|Date Posted||July 16, 2021|
Position Summary: To provide quality nursing care to all patients. To serve as a viable member of the Covid Response Team, utilizing scope of practice. The following duties are specific to this position
Nurses are a critical part of the COVID response team and will have the following job duties, which may change or increase in accordance with YKHC’s response to the global pandemic.
1. Responsible for collecting specimens from patients to test for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that is responsible for causing the disease known as COVID 19, in the multiple locations that YKHC has designated. This will include testing in the out of doors in inclement weather.
2. Responsible for traveling to villages (with short lead time – generally hours) to perform village-based testing and patient health screening along with the COVID response team.
3. The role will include variable duty hours on weekends and evenings. May include more than 40 hours a week.
4. This role will include assisting with maintaining supplies for testing as well as disinfection, cleaning and stocking of testing areas.
5. This role will have other duties as assigned as the response to the global pandemic is refined.
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation’s mission statement. Is responsible for care of all patients from birth to elderly.
- Minimum Education Graduate from an LNL school for LPN's or LVN's. In addition must be licensed as an LPN in the State of Alaska in good standing.
- Minimum Experience New graduates accepted. Preferred 1 year hospital experience.
- License, Certification, Registration Current CPR certification (BCLS) required. Must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position. IV certification course
- Preferred. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification.
- Equipment/Tools Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephones, computers, copy machines, etc) Medical equipment as appropriate (dynamapp, thermometer, etc)
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills 1. Knowledge of medical terminology.
- 2. Ability to work in patient care setting.
- 3. Knowledge of psychiatric patients.
- Supervisory Responsibilities