|Published||May 10, 2022|
Are you interested in working for a mission-driven organization that continues to grow and is dedicated to providing quality services to its residents? Do you want your next job to offer you the opportunity to serve while allowing you to grow personally and professionally? Explore careers with Charles E. Smith Life Communities!
OUR TALENT ACQUISITION COORDINATOR POSITION
The primary focus for our Talent Acquisition Coordinator is to facilitate new hire clearance and onboarding processes, ensuring a smooth start for new associates and compliance with all law, regulations, and policies. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator will also assist with various recruitment initiatives and new hire orientation.
ABOUT CHARLES E. SMITH LIFE COMMUNITIES
Charles E. Smith Life Communities (CESLC) is a faith-based nonprofit senior services organization located in Rockville, Maryland, delivering quality care and meaningful life experiences to older adults with dignity and compassion rooted in Jewish values. Our team of over 1,000 members represent a very wide range of cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, and faiths.
PEOPLE WHO MATTER
Every associate – guided by our values and mission - contributes to our sustained place as a leader and has an important role in our success. Entry level or seasoned, our associates experience the rewards of working for a mission-driven, nonprofit organization committed to creating an engaging community for aging adults. Our team-oriented environment provides exceptional opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, health benefits through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield, a retirement plan, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, credit union, and proximity to public transportation.
This position is based at Smith Kogod Residence located at 6105 Montrose Road in Rockville, Maryland.
SHIFTS & STATUS
This is a FULL TIME NON-EXEMPT (HOURLY) position with hours from 8:30AM to 5:00PM. FLEXIBLE start/end times possible and the opportunity for some REMOTE work.
- Manage the new hire clearance and onboarding process, including drug screen, background check, occupational health components, and new hire paperwork. Involves managing multiple new hires in the onboarding pipeline: sending notifications, obtaining consents/paperwork, and staying in constant communication with new hires, hiring managers, Talent Acquisition Partners, and vendors to ensure progress to obtain “cleared to start” status within the designated timeframe.
- Regularly interact with Talent Acquisition Partners and Occupational Health Manager to ensure a consistently smooth new hire experience.
- Create new hire files – including occupational health file - ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Regularly audit files to ensure they are survey-ready.
- Accurately and promptly enter data in human resources information system.
- Support and help to design talent acquisition initiatives and improvements.
- Support internal and external talent acquisition job fairs and events.
- Provide input into the overall talent acquisition strategy.
- Communicate regularly, professionally, and respectfully with applicants, candidates, new hires and fellow associates.
- Assist with new hire orientation.
- Manage the employee internal transfer process with a focus on efficiency and accuracy.
- Attend Talent Acquisition and Human Resources meetings, offering input to assist in process improvement and team goal achievement.
- Attend workshops and trainings to stay informed on Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, and industry topics.
- Crosstrain to assist with Human Resources Coordinator and other duties, as assigned. Complete required annual in-service trainings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience in human resources or general administrative work.
- Preferred experience in senior care or healthcare.
- Comfortable with technology and using online systems/software.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks with a focus on completion.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, staff, and support agencies.
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has made health and safety in the workplace a top priority for job seekers. We want to assure you that it is a daily focus for everyone at CESLC. We have a robust COVID-19 response plan that includes infection control practices with detailed cleaning and PPE guidance; COVID-19 vaccine requirement; rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols for staff and residents; and ongoing staff communication and education. As part of our health and safety measures, virtually 100% of our associates are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Visit this link for more details on the CESLC response to COVID-19: www.smithlifecommunities.org/coronavirus/.
Thanks for your interest in joining CESLC and the team in our Human Resources Department!