|Published||September 21, 2022|
There's never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We're on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose - Connecting People, Uniting the World - is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we're growing - in the years ahead, we'll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
Caring is one of United's most important principles. And no one exemplifies that more than our Customer Contact Center team, who helps our customers with everything from booking and managing reservations, to questions about their travel, MileagePlus accounts, and so much more! Are you a people person? Do you get fulfillment from helping others? Then join a team that cares for our customers and makes a positive impact on their travel experience, every single day.
The position's primary purpose is to manage the post travel baggage service experience. This includes assisting airports worldwide and keeping in-line with DOT performance. Establish and maintain critical relationships between the Baggage Recovery Center and our customer base, to ensure customer satisfaction, while improving efficiency and productivity.
* Provide leadership and oversight of front-line employees in an operational environment
* Establishing and supervising key call center metrics that balance the efficiency with customer satisfaction requirements
* Provides performance expectations, regular monitoring, coaching and feedback to staff to ensure accountability and growth of the team while leveraging call center technology capabilities to optimize cost efficiencies, especially with automation and self service
* Ensure consistency on operational service and product delivery
* Partner with vendors Provide real time station analytical support in baggage movement as well as develop procedures for special events and high-level baggage handling
* Communicate operational information in real time both internally and externally
* Participate in collateral projects
Partner with our vendor operation and provide guidance on running a seamless product
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the "desired" qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What's needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
* Flexible to work any shift including weekends and holidays
* Call Center experience
* Minimum of 2-4 years in a leadership role
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is a crucial function of the position
* Must be able to live and work in Houston, TX.
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
* Functional knowledge of airport systems and procedures
* Bachelor's Degree or relative experience
* World Tracer, BOLT, EZ Care, Shares
* 2-4 years in a leadership role within a call center environment
* PC literate; experience with MS Word and Excel
* Union relations experience
* Experience monitoring KPI's
* Experience leading 20+ employees
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to request accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT