|Date Posted||September 16, 2020|
Goodwill TalentBridge is partnering up with the Chicago Department of Public Health to employ a Supervising Contact Tracer. Contact Tracers will assist with delivering communication surrounding exposure to an individual who tested positive for Covid 19. This position does provide the opportunity to work from home. This position is full time, temporary until next summer, and pays $24/hr. Please see below for more details.
The Supervising Contact Tracer is responsible for supporting, managing and overseeing the work of a team of approximately 15 Contact Tracers who are responsible for communicating with persons who have had sustained close contact with a COVID-19 infected individual; and providing them with information and guidance to interrupt/reduce ongoing transmission of the disease. The Supervising Contact Tracer will monitor their team’s progress and efficiency in completing vital tasks, including: using a web-based platform to communicate with assigned contacts; obtaining symptom information; referring contacts for testing and/or supportive services; providing instructions for quarantine, and obtaining information about the contacted individual’s contact with others.
Supervising Contact Tracers will ensure their teams comply with all Chicago Department of Public Health and Chicago COVID Contact Tracing Corps training regarding confidentiality and the handling of personally identifiable information; and follow all scripts, policies and procedures established for the program.
This position is full-time, for a total of five days a week, which may include a combination of weekend days and/or evenings. The position is grant funded for a minimum of 10 months, with a possible extension for up to an additional 12 months (for a possible total of 22 months). Continuation of the position is dependent upon sustained grant funding and public health need.
NOTE: Learn-as-you-earn training opportunities to prepare for permanent, full-time placement in public health and related fields following completion of the Contact Tracing Corps are under development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Supervising Contact Tracer will:
- Supervise a team of approximately fifteen contact tracers that collectively performs all functions of the Chicago COVID Contact Tracing Corps.
- Coordinate the team’s schedules; and approve team member’s work hours for payroll purposes.
- Track team’s daily and weekly progress against target goals including cases contacted successfully, contacts tracked and referred to the Resource Coordination Hub.
- Perform quality assurance by listening in on calls (or to recordings of calls) and providing feedback to team members.
- Resolve conflicts, troubleshoot issues and design/implement solutions.
- Lead regular team meetings and participate in ongoing professional development and related trainings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.