|Published||May 8, 2022|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
Sr Director, Program Management – Human Resources
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2021 revenues of $10.79 billion.
The Senior Director, Program Management provides leadership and direction to project managers focused on key strategic and cross-functional operational projects that are Human Resources (HR) led but have an enterprise-wide focus. This position will lead a staff of program managers who drive cross functional teams to deliver on-time and quality solutions.
The Senior Director, Program Management will ensure a successful project portfolio by supporting the program/project managers with project level reviews, monitoring risk management, escalating and resolving project issues and providing mentorship to the project management staff.
• Develop and deliver PMO-based service offerings, ensuring seamless transition from project execution to project delivery
• Manage a team of professionals responsible for working with business partners, HTAS professionals and others from multiple physical locations to lead the planning, controlling, execution and reporting of highly complex projects in support of HR and business priorities
• Define, manage and direct the needed end to end efforts of their respective project & program portfolio pipeline
• Facilitate the agreed upon process that develops plans and prioritization by leadership and governance.
• Responsible for leadership of project management team to successfully implement projects prioritized to drive growth and innovation.
• Responsible for collaborating on project management process improvement initiatives, as well as ensuring best practices are utilized throughout execution management.
• Provide senior leadership with updates on statuses of key projects and programs.
• Collaborate with sponsors and key stakeholders to develop/monitor project delivery model
• Manage staff with focus on capacity planning and mentoring toward best practices.
• Facilitate resolution of inter-group obstacles, escalating issues and obtaining decisions when senior management interaction required
• Proactively identify program risks and assist staff in developing contingency plans and building of support structure to resolve them.
- Identify areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Manage 3 project managers
• 12+ or more years of experience in project, product or program management
• Experience in leading high performing Project Management teams, Experience in working with highly matrixed, and geographically dispersed staff
• Knowledge of Human Resources Core processes and systems
• Ability to organize and drive process quality improvement programs, Agile project management, HR core processes and systems highly preferred, leadership, influencing, organizational navigational, mentoring, coaching, interpersonal skills, facilitation skills, presentation skills, verbal and communication (written), customer relationship management, collaboration
• Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
• Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
• Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
• Maintain composure under pressure
• Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
• Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
• Concentrate on tasks
• Ability to making quality decisions timely
• Examine/observe details
• 15-20% domestic travel may be required
• Require a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in business, computer science, health care administration
• Master’s degree or MBA preferred; PMP, PgMP or PfMP preferred
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.