|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Senior Director, Patient Services – East Region
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2020 revenues of $9.44 billion.
The Director, Patient Services-East reports to the Regional General Manager Lakshmi Gudapakkam and is based at the Company’s Clifton, NJ office. This role is responsible for leading Quest Diagnostics’ Patient Services in the East region, a scope of 2100 employees and 1000+ Patient Service Centers and In-Office Phlebotomist locations within the market. The Director will be responsible for strategy and execution driving improved operational excellence, customer experience and employee experience. The ideal candidate will have successfully demonstrated experience driving transformational change across a dispersed geographic footprint in customer facing operations, leveraging tools and technology, metrics, analytics and a strong process-oriented approach. This role is critical in supporting profitable growth for one of Quest Diagnostic’s largest regions. As such, this role is a partner to the Commercial Sales organization and a key player on the senior leadership team for the East region.
- 2100 employees
- Annual budget: $3.2M
- 451 Patient Service Centers
- 564 In-Office Phlebotomist site locations
- Geography: NY (NYC and Boroughs, Long Island, Upstate), NJ, Eastern PA, Maryland, District of Columbia, Delaware, Virginia (excluding Southwest corner)
In order to successfully respond to the challenges of the role, the successful candidate will need to:
• Develop and manage the Patient Services budget in a way that allows us to deliver superior customer service while driving profitable growth and cost excellence
• Partner and align with Commercial and SLT on Patient Services priorities and strategic goals, including creating a customer-centric and high-performance oriented team
• Enable billing across sites in order to improve bad debt
• Meet or exceed all metrics such as patient wait time, recollections, patient satisfaction, PSC and IOP cost and productivity, employee turnover, quality metrics, etc.
• Ensure adherence to regulatory, compliance, medical quality and safety (OSHA) guidelines
• Ensure training standards are followed across the entire team, clients, commercial and other ad hoc team members
• Facilitate strong leadership pipeline from Supervisor to succession for Director role
• Responsible for people management, workforce planning, staffing/scheduling across operations
• Facilitate alignment with Logistics and another regional functions in support of streamlined operations and profitable growth
• Partner and align with the National Patient Services team in support of priorities and execution of initiatives
• Travel within region to ensure high-touch two-way dialogue with employees
The successful candidate for Director, Patient Services-East will have the following attributes and/or experiences:
- 15+ years of professional experience in a leadership role within a customer-facing multi-unit operation
- Prior healthcare experience is a plus
- A demonstrated ability to recruit and develop a high performing team, with a strong orientation toward performance and accountability
- A proven track record of working in an environment with the need to leverage resources, lead in a complex, multi-dimensional matrix and manage by influence; a good multi-tasker and team player
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels in and outside of the organization; will demonstrate executive presence in the c-suite of customers
- Self-motivated, seizes initiative, creative problem solver
- Demonstrated experience leading change and installing a growth mind-set in a large, complex organization
- Strong business acumen and financial acumen; is able to explain complex business models, financial performance, forecasts, headcount models, ROI, etc.
- Strong educational background including an undergraduate degree in business or life science.; an MBA or other advanced degree preferred
The successful candidate for Director, Patient Services-East will demonstrate through education and experience the following competencies:
• Business and Financial Acumen
• Strategic Agility
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Problem Solving
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Process Management
• Building Effective Teams
• Strategic influencer
• Process Orientation
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.