|Published||May 10, 2022|
|Location||Daytona Beach Shores, FL|
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for: 301 MEMORIAL MEDICAL PKWY, Daytona Beach, FL 32117
The role you’ll contribute: Coordinates appropriate social work and case management services to patients and their immediate families. Serves as the client advocate and assists in the coordination of the rehabilitation process from admission to discharge. Adheres to facility corporate compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team
- Evaluates, re-evaluates, establishes, implements and adapts an individualized discharge plan of care according to the psychological, social, functional, and financial impact of illness on patient/family according to standards of practice, payer source and patient’s needs
- Appropriately serves as the liaison to the payer source obtaining authorization and updating as needed. Promotes efficient utilization of healthcare services at the most appropriate level of care as determined by professional standards
- Establishes and maintains methods of communications with referring and supporting health care individuals and organizations to ensure clear and concise exchange of necessary information in a timely manner. Facilitates patient’s movement through the program by providing proactive planning and creating solutions to facilitate seamless care. Advocates for patients’ ongoing and discharge needs
- Coordinates contact and refers to appropriate agencies, services and resources to set up for patients’ post-discharge needs including durable medical equipment and follow-up care
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology, following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department/hospital policy and procedures
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities and changes in health care practices. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department
- Willingly adjusts and adapts to changes in workload by altering working hours to assist in other areas as approved and observed by supervisor
- Practices principles of employee and patient safety when performing daily job activities via observation
- Complies with Facility Compliance Plan, rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies, and with the standards of all accrediting bodies and payers as evident through documentation reviews, tracers and rounds results. Takes responsibility for the environment of care by monitoring and taking action as needed.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services required
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) required
- Experience in respectful department preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.