|Date Posted||January 11, 2022|
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is hiring Senior Scientific Data Analysts to provide support to the Epidemiology Task Force: Ongoing COVID-19 Response Support. Due to the recent events caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the CDC Epidemiology Task Force is responsible for identifying and tracking COVID-19 cases, spread and containment. The COVID-19 Epidemiology Task Force Response is critical to accomplishing the CDC’s mission and goals during the COVID-19 pandemic. This position will give support across several teams within the task force.
A scientific data analyst has the necessary education and work experiences to effectively provide data analysis, data management, and data visualization support to the task force. These roles are supporting enhanced COVID-19 surveillance efforts and epidemiological studies. Successful candidates will be at an intermediate to advanced coding level in SAS or R (both is preferred).
RESPONSIBILITIES (vary with years of relevant experience and education):
- Support surveillance system planning, protocol development, and operational logistics, possibly including developing and keeping task trackers, system organization, organization of surveillance documentation (e.g. SOPs, forms, reports, etc.), and preparing related materials and overviews;
- Monitor data submissions from surveillance partners and displays diplomacy in communicating with our external partners;
- Liaison and build relationships with state public health partners and triage questions with leadership when necessary;
- Provide data cleaning and management support for surveillance platforms (Python, PowerBi);
- Contribute to production of surveillance summaries or manuscripts for publication;
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of analytical data files and provide data file documentation describing the scientific data source;
- Coordinating or participating in surveillance meetings, possibly including taking study minutes and preparing materials on study progress;
- Manage epidemiological and laboratory data by using SAS, R, or equivalent statistical package;
- Familiarity with data management software packages (e.g. SAS, R, REDCap, Microsoft Access, Excel, EpiInfo, STATA, SQL etc.);
- Perform data quality assurance activities, including identifying and resolving any inconsistencies in data flow, data outside legitimate ranges, and illogical data responses by developing data quality reports;
- Investigate and resolve data anomalies or errors by using a combination of software packages including SAS or R, MS Access and Excel, and other software (e.g. REDCap, DCIPHER);
- Manipulate and transform data that are stored in a variety of file formats;
- Explore the use of data visualization platforms (e.g. R, Power BI, mapping software) to quickly summarize study findings;
- Support data visualization activities (both for hypothesis generation and to share data with the response) in order to develop communication materials such as data sets, slide sets and summary reports;
- Work on ongoing basis to improve and automate code;
- Database management and upkeep as well as complete ad hoc data requests;
- Compile individual-level data submitted from multiple external partners in diverse data formats and merge with laboratory testing results from CDC or contract laboratories;
- Communicate analytic results to internal CDC staff and external partners in a clear, concise and timely manner; and
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree of (Biomedical Engineering or other advanced neuro/mathematical science) and M.S. in statistics or mathematics or M.P.H. with 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with advanced programming SAS or R for data management
- Experience with programming in Python, SQL, PowerBi, C and C++
- Experience with REDCAP and DCIPHER
- CDC experience
- Experience with statistical analyses in infectious disease modeling: regressions, ANOVA, t/f/chi-square test
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with outbreak/emergency response at local, state, or federal level
- Experience or understanding of larger surveillance systems used by state public health departments
- Attention to detail
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA GA Atlanta
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.