|Date Posted||May 13, 2020|
Immediate need for Contact Tracers throughout the state of Virginia! Apply now.
A Contact Tracer is a professional responsible for contacting individuals and gathering critical information from residents diagnosed with COVID-19. This initiative is in conjunction with state-wide efforts to increase testing, improve knowledge and communication of strategies to reduce transmission of the virus. Now more than ever, Virginia needs people who can make a difference!
Typical Core Duties:
Interviewing & Data Collection
- Calls newly diagnosed patients and contacts of newly diagnosed patients to gather information and inform contacts of potential exposure.
- Communicates with contacts in a professional, empathetic, and culturally sensitive manner.
- Collects and records information on demographics, current symptoms, current health status, and possible high-risk settings into Contact Tracing/Contact Information Management system.
- Provides contacts with approved information about state quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refers them to testing according to protocol.
- Following established procedures and/or script, incumbent will inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop.
- Provides contacts with relevant healthcare resources as appropriate.
Data Entry & Maintenance
- Utilizes established database(s) to identify newly diagnosed patients and contacts for tracing efforts.
- Inputs data collected (i.e. symptoms, contacts, etc.) into database and assures database is kept up to date
- Provides data from Contact Tracing efforts and calls to Epidemiologists and/or Health Educators as necessary.
- Customer service and excellent interpersonal skills
- Data enty capture and computer literacy
- Knowledge of or coursework in medical terminology a plus
- Basic crisis counseling and understanding of patient confidentiality skills a plus