|Date Posted||November 15, 2020|
I'm currently supporting full time Contact Tracer opportunities with a very reputable client in the financial services space. The Contact Tracer position focuses on activities involving internal employees who may have been exposed to the virus, through close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19. Please note that this is a full-time open-ended contract position that is predicated on the ongoing pandemic.
- A Contact Tracer is a non-licensed public health professional providing support to the clients health department in the fight against COVID-19. The contact tracer is responsible for reaching out to internal employees who have been exposed to COVID-19 and providing health education and guidance to interrupt ongoing disease transmission. Dialogue with contacts will be guided by standard protocols to obtain any symptom history and other relevant health information, provide instructions for self-quarantine, and make appropriate referrals to testing, clinical services, and other essential support services.
- This position will require prioritization, prompt action, and attention to detail in documentation and data management as multiple investigations will be conducted simultaneously. Contract tracers are required to comply with policies and procedures provided by the health department regarding confidentiality and data security for the handling of sensitive client information and protected health information.
- Initiate prompt communication with employees exposed to COVID-19 (contacts) through text, phone calls, email, and other communication platforms as necessary. Every effort should be made to communicate with the contact telephone or video conference instead of in-person. For in-person interviews, guidance on recommended infection prevention and control practices at a home or non-home residential setting can be found on CDC’s Interim Infection Control Guidance for Public Health Personnel.
- Employ dynamic communication and interpersonal skills, cultural competency/sensitivity, tactful language, and empathetic interviewing skills to build rapport and maintain trust with patients of varied backgrounds.
- Verify the contact’s identity during initial communications and prior to disclosing confidential information. Assure confidentiality and carry out efforts to locate and communicate with clients in a manner that preserves the confidentiality and privacy of all involved.
- Notify the contact of their exposure to COVID-19, following a script or guidance to provide COVID-19 health education. Conduct notification of exposure in a manner that maintains the confidentiality of the patient (or person who was diagnosed with COVID-19) and ensures that the identity of the employee is NOT disclosed.
- Obtain and document relevant information, including contact demographics, underlying medical conditions, and other risk factors.
- Provide approved information and guidance on quarantine procedures and what to do if symptoms develop. Coordinate referrals for testing, healthcare, and other supportive services, as needed, per local protocols.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- The position will require responding to public health emergencies with rapid turnaround times for communication, initiation and completion of assignments.
- The position will require daily use of a computer, telephone or cell phone, and access to a secure internet connection.
- The position may require working non-standard hours (i.e., evenings, weekends).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including active listening, emotional intelligence
- Ability to interact in a non-judgmental manner with culturally diverse populations and persons experiencing a wide range of social conditions
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to use sound judgment in responding to client issues and concerns
- Ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, establishing and maintaining collaborative professional relationships
- Strong time management skills (organization, prioritization, multitasking)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency with use of computers (desktop, laptop, tablet)
***This opportunity can interview and start as soon as possible - If interested, please send your updated resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Serious inquiries only please***
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.