|Published||July 29, 2022|
Job ID: 86533
Area of Interest: Nursing
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: PRN
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
Home Health - PRN
Demonstrates the ability to administer quality nursing care in a professional manner which supports the patient/significant others utilizing the nursing process with coaching and mentoring from his/her team members. Practice supports System and Nursing Strategic Plans, Shared Leadership, and the principles of Relationship-Based Care. Practices within the limits of the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Maryland and adheres to institutional policies, procedures and standards. Practices within the standards of the American Nurses Association for: Scope and Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics for Nursing, Nursing's Social Policy Statement and Specialty Nursing Standards for his/her area(s) of clinical practice.
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses who have greater than 12 months experience. Provides and coordinates independent care to patients within a clinical specialty as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Utilizes the institution's care delivery and professional practice models as the frame of reference for practicing as a professional nurse. Participates in activities to develop own practice, and to support group practice goals at the unit level. Is accountable to patient, family and team members for care provided and to the nurse manager for totality of work performance. Is accountable to hold to the Service Standards and to the Nursing Mission, Vision and Values.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties
performed by personnel so classified.
1. Engaged in advancing own practice.
2. Responsible for maintaining competencies required for that patient care setting; focus on advancing own professional development.
3. Attends unit based staff development independently.
4. Demonstrates the ability to serve as a trained preceptor and coach's new nurse and students.
5. Contributes to developing/evaluating unit based orientation and other education activities.
6. Contributes to nursing support personnel skills and development.
7. Completes CE's on an annual basis based on facility minimum requirements.
1. Understands and contributes to unit-based outcomes associated with National Hospital Quality Measures (NDNQI), Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators, and Facility Annual Operational Plan.
2. Contributes to and endorses some or all elements of research/EBP/QI.
3. Provides high quality, safe, patient centered care with focus on exceeding service expectations.
4. Accountable for compliance with regulatory requirements and holds others accountable; participates in tracer activities when requested.
1. Takes action to correct observed risks to patient safety.
2. Reports adverse events and near misses to appropriate management authority.
3. Implements policies, procedures, and guidelines consistently in the performance of assigned duties.
4. Develops effective working relationships and maintains good communication with other team members.
5. Identifies possible risks in processes, procedures, devices and communicates the same to those in charge.
6. Participates in hospital, departmental and/or unit patient safety initiatives.
What You Need to Be Successful:
BSN preferred. Specialty certification encouraged. Meets licensing requirements to practice registered nursing in the State of Maryland. Must meet all applicable state and local professional requirements.
To be immediately considered for this position please contact Hannah Dyer at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] with an updated resume or set up a meeting with me using this link https://calendly.com/schedulingwithhannah/15min
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.