|Date Posted||January 28, 2021|
1. Patient population: COVID patients with most having comorbidities (asthma, vascular diseases, cystic fibrosis, hypertension/high blood pressure, immune deficiencies, liver disease, smoking, diabetes, etc) Patients ages range from 18-91 years of age.
2. Number of beds: 23. Census is running between 18-23 patients.
3. Nurse to patient ratio: 1:3-4
4. . Are there any opportunities for growth? Charge RN, this unit is a great stepping-stone unit. It will train you to be able to go anywhere in the hospital.
6. Must Haves: BLS. Active RN Unencumbered License. Open to new grads & RN’s who want to come back to the hospital setting. Teamwork is very important!
7. Plusses: Previous experience with respiratory, ACLS. 1+ years of RN Hospital Acute Experience.
8. Other clinicians on staff: Tech’s, PCA’s, physicians on day shift.
9. Orientation/Training and Reporting details? New grad – 10-12 weeks. 6-8 weeks for experienced RN’s. Typically, if you are night shift, you will orient on days.
10. What type of personality works well in this department? Teamwork, someone who likes being busy and is open to the challenge. Positive. Eager to learn.
11. PPE/COVID Precautions: They have an abundance of PPE currently. RN’s wear N95 mask, googles, gown, show covers, surgical shields. There is currently no requirement for RN’s getting tested for COVID .