|Published||August 5, 2022|
|Location||New York, NY|
Clean Energy Associates are looking for talented PV Field Testing Engineers to join our team. Talented professionals can be located anywhere in the USA. If you want to be a part of a diverse, talented team, apply today!
About Clean Energy Associates
CLEAN ENERGY ASSOCIATES (CEA) provide technical due diligence and engineering services for solar and storage clients around the globe who are financial institutions, project developers, EPCs, IPPs (independent power producers), and PV power plant owners. From our base in China, our team of engineers travel to factories around the globe to conduct upstream in-factory quality assurance via audits, production monitoring and pre-shipment product inspection. From our USA base, our engineering (IE/OE) team provides system design, energy forecasting, product benchmarking, and supply chain services. Downstream, we audit projects through the full cycle, including design, construction, commissioning, project performance, re-power and upgrade analysis, and warranty support. Our team of 125+ professionals including 85+ engineers serve the solar and storage industry through our expertise in PV modules, racking, inverters, and energy storage systems. Since 2008, CEA has reduced Buyers' risks and improved returns on investments via technical assurance and engineering services covering more than 55 GW+ in 50+ countries.
For more information, please see our website at: www.cleanenergyassociates.com
The PV Field Testing Engineer will be responsible for executing Engineering Services module testing project including electroluminescence (EL) imaging, I-V curve tracing and visual inspection. The candidate may also participate in report generation from module testing as well as inspections and/or testing of other PV components and PV systems. Candidate will be responsible for executing work within all technical, commercial, safety regulatory, and environmental requirements to meet or exceed client's expectations. The candidate should also be able to troubleshoot issues that may arise during testing, resolve conflicts, communicate effectively virtually with other members of the CEA team, communicate effectively to coordinate work with client's representatives onsite, be comfortable working in a small group environment and leading a small execution team, and willing to put in extra effort to coordinate activities across time zones.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Execute testing work at client sites across North America
- Lead small execution teams for module testing to ensure tests are completed properly and with traceability and that work is completed safely.
- Use, maintain, and secure test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment; including, IV Curve tracer, EL test equipment, clamp-on meters, Insulation Resistance Test, Infrared camera
- Assist in coordination with client representatives prior to arrival onsite
- Assist in analysis and reporting of test results
- BS. in engineering or physics or equivalent (4-year engineering/science degree)
- Basic understanding of the components and operation of PV modules
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal); diligent record-keeping; excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills.
- Experience leading small groups
- Experience testing PV modules or cells preferred.
- Experience with DSLR cameras preferred.
- Ability to work outdoors in harsh conditions including but not limited to desert areas, winter conditions, nighttime work, long hours standing, climbing stairs and ladders.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards).
- Ability to lift and move PV modules (weight ~50lb) with a partner may be required.
Travel: Up to 80% (of the year), nationally
Location: Remote, USA
Compensation: CEA offers competitive salaries, bonus programs and benefits, as well as the opportunity for career progression and professional development.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]