|Published||August 14, 2022|
It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Division: Emergency Management Division
Position title: Public Health Officer
Reporting to: Chief Epidemiologist
Supervises: Based on mission need
Academic Requirements: Master’s Degree in public health with an emphasis in epidemiology, health policy, health promotion or a related field.
Work experience: At least one year of experience in the public health field infectious diseases with infection control and/or public health surveillance.
Critical Action Items & Measurable Deliverables:
1. Advise and provide guidance to contact tracers on the cases assigned to them continuously reviewing cases assigned to contact tracers on public health tracer board.
2. Identify PPE breaches and conduct donning and doffing training as needed
3. Oversee the reporting of notifiable conditions to respective health department and systems leadership.
4. Perform site assessments and/or infection control activities on site and provide guidance based on established protocols.
1. Ensure public health protocols are being implemented at all times.
2. Participate in epidemiological investigation, research, and other technical assistance as needed.
3. Work all cases that are assigned to you.
4. Attend daily public health calls with the Chief Epidemiologist
5. Review observation reports
6. Participate in general briefings for situational awareness
7. Other duties as assigned
1. Complete adherence to all company policies protocols and procedures.
2. Provide current physical-medical release to provide proof of immunizations, titers or declinations for the following: MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Tetanus, PPD, and Meningococcal (preferred).
3. Strong written and oral communication skills to inspire, grow, manage, and coach a high-performing team.
4. Current license/certifications in Texas, as applicable.
5. Ability to work under minimal supervision and exercise good financial and operational judgment.
6. Professional appearance and demeanor as a member of the BCFS executive management team.
7. Skill in providing effective leadership to staff.
8. Proficient in computer usage and computer programs (e.g., Microsoft Office, Office 365).
9. Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to work in a changing and fluid environment at a rapid pace.
10. Ability to pass a clear drug, background and driving check.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.