|Date Posted||October 22, 2021|
**This position includes a $1500 external new hire bonus paid out at three and twelve months of employment.**
As a Pharmacy Technician - Clinical Support Services you will be assisting the pharmacist and communicating directly with patients over the telephone, scheduling medication deliveries, tracking lab data, billing, and prior authorization, among other duties. The Pharmacy Technician is essential to ensuring all patients receive their medication in a friendly and timely manner. The Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services position is responsible for utilizing their clinical knowledge and excellent customer service skills to provide our patients with the smooth service and delivery of their medication to their homes. You will make a difference by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient’s one on one care.
As part of the Coram CVS/specialty infusion team, you will have an important, uniquely rewarding role putting your Pharmacy Technician skills and experiences to work in a closed door practice setting. CVS is a national leader in the home infusion field, as you will be leading an innovative and bold initiative aimed at transforming health care and pharmacy leveraging new and emerging information technologies and channels.
Additional responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician – Clinical Support Services include:
- Assist the pharmacist in obtaining authorization for pharmacy services as requested; validate insurance coverage and communication with patients.
- Gather information for the initial admission of new patients and review all new charts to ensure that all necessary nursing paperwork is included.
- Manage the schedule for patient deliveries, manage inventory, create and maintain supply templates in the pharmacy computer data base.
- Document all supply management activities in the patient medical record.
- Participate in on call rotation as indicated by staffing and business needs.
- Active state Pharmacy Technician license required as outlined by state guidelines
- Minimum of 1+ years of pharmacy technician experience
*COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement*
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
* If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
* If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- National Pharmacy Technician certification preferred
- 2+ years of pharmacy technician experience
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.