|Published||May 28, 2022|
SHIFT: Day Job
Job Title: Pega Developer Engineer Senior or Engineer Advisor
NOTE: This position can be filled at the Senior or Senior Advisor level. The hiring manager will determine the level, based on the candidate's
experience and background.
Be part of an extraordinary team.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Lead scrum teams through planning, build and delivery of product while addressing or resolving any impediments for the team.
- Review code built by co-workers to ensure quality is not compromised.
- Help team follow prioritize work by working closely with product and IT teams.
- Operate as a subject matter expert while working with business/stakeholders during elaboration of new requirements or application enhancements.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develop simple to complex functionalities within applications built on PEGA technology.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Review requirements with business and analyze/provide the scope in terms of delivery timelines and budgeting.
- Align and promote Pega Center of Excellence enablement practices for enterprise-wide applications reusing the technology and frameworks.
- Query Oracle database using SQL to create custom reports based on business needs.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience with multi dimensional platform, business and technical applications;
- Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience leading people, small projects and provide troubleshooting support strongly preferred.
- Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred.
- 3+ years experience with Pega PRPC experience with in-depth hands-on experience in Pega 7.x or 8.x, CPM & CPM-HC frameworks and certified System Architect
- Experience in using tools like SOAPI UI, Postman etc. to test APIs for requests/responses
- Java experience and understanding of object-oriented concepts
- SQL experience required, experience in Oracle database
- Strong experience with overall SDLC using different project methodologies such as waterfall & agile.
- Strong understanding of Pega Enterprise Class Structure and foundation components and experience in architecture and designing business application components using Pega PRPC for enterprise applications.
- Extensive knowledge in Integration components - Connectors, SOAP and REST services.
- Experience in analyzing PEGA alert logs, identify and fix performance related issues in application using PEGA performance tools like PAL, Database Tracer and Profiler.
- Experience with creating custom reports using report definitions and list views based on business needs in Pega.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance. - provided by Dice