|Date Posted||July 28, 2021|
Payroll Tax Analyst
This position will be based in Cary, NC
Our client is a Global Fortune 500 company and pioneering technology leader with five focused business units: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, Power Grids, and Robotics & Discrete Automation. Having been in business for over 130 years, and operating in over 100 countries, our client continues to focus on providing the best products for digital industries. Specifically, at this location, our client offers a comprehensive range of high-voltage products up to 1200 kilovolts AC and 1100 kilovolts DC that help enhance the safety, reliability and efficiency of power networks while minimizing environmental impact. Their technology leadership continues to facilitate developments in areas such as ultra-high-voltage power transmission, enabling smart grids and enhancing eco-efficiency.
The Payroll Tax Analyst demonstrates in depth knowledge in regards to US payroll tax law and regulation and is responsible for monitoring payroll tax activities internally and externally. Collectively collaborates with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely tax filing & reporting to government authorities.
- Monitor payroll tax activity.
- Collaborates with team along with various workstreams to resolve employee inquiries/cases within the SLA timeframe. company policies that will effectively substantiate action(s) taken. This includes timely execution of all tax updates on employee records.
- Accountable for analysis of payroll or Masterdata related entries that impact the accuracy of tax withholding or reporting. Helps identify drivers for these abnormalities, researches, analyzes and documents as well as propose corrective action.
- Responsible for recording, monitoring, and resolving agency tax notices & tracers with 3rd party provider & government agencies, as well as validating all 3rd party provider and agency responses.
- Performs detailed jurisdictional reconciliations for internal & external audits.
- Creates adhoc reporting to support internal & external functions.
- Researches and remains current with payroll tax compliance laws and regulations covering the US regions & provides payroll tax guidance & awareness of applicable changes & provides appropriate recommendations.
- Assists with Year-End processing and closing
- Assists with HRSP and regression testing collectively with team. Develops test cases and tests BSI Tax updates. Keeps SAP and BSI tax configuration current by submitting requests for applicable changes, such as rates and new tax authorities.
- Collectively collaborates with team to proactively monitor internal controls to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely tax filing & reporting to government authorities.
- FILING AND DEPOSITS Proactively audits and validates payroll tax filings / reports submitted on behalf of company by our 3rd party service provider. This position reviews & confirms that all payroll tax deposits are accurate and executed on-time to eliminate any late filing penalties. Position identifies unusual transactions, escalates when appropriate, coordinates resolution and interacts with 3rd party payroll provider. Leads Quarter Balancing & Year End processes with ADP Tax Services.
- INTERNATIONAL PAYROLL TAX AND REPORTING Initiates and records earnings and tax adjustments into the applicable payroll system, as requested by company 's 3rd party International Tax Partner (PWC). Ensures appropriate documentation exists to prove our employee's taxable wages and tax liabilities. Engaged in payroll transactions related to Expatriate & Inpatriate employees and monitors the impacts to their taxation.
- SARBANES-OXLEY AND INTERNAL CONTROL Provides recommendations for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements. Confirms that all controls are functioning as designed and proactively identifies areas for improvement in internal controls. Includes testing of segregation of duties (SOD), testing of payroll service's controls and identifies “gaps”, as well as participating in annual SOX testing and validation exercises.
- Assists with quarterly and annual audit engagements with company 's Internal & External Auditors. Ensures informational requests are documented, information is provided and that any issues are clearly identified and resolved.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field AND 2 years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience; OR Associate's degree in business, accounting or related field and 4 years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience or High School Diploma and 6 years of Payroll Tax Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Payroll tax reporting and compliance in a multi-state / large corporation
- Proficient in MS Excel spreadsheet and database design and creation: pivot tables, “What if” analysis, data extraction and reporting.
- Proficiency with ERP general ledger system.
- Must maintain confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, adapt well to changing priorities to meet deadlines and work on various initiatives concurrently
- Critical thinking skills needed to investigate and resolve issues
- Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve
- Highly ethical, analytical, team-oriented, flexible, inquisitive & logical.
- CPP designation is preferred
- SAP payroll Module experience preferred
- ADP Tax Services/ADP Smart Compliance experience preferred
- Workday experience a plus
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
We thank all candidates for their application, however only those that qualify will be contacted.