|Location||New Albany, IN|
|Date Posted||October 1, 2021|
HUMAN RESOURCES (SE-HUMM-IUSEA)
The COVID Check Testing Assistant will perform the following duties in adherence to ongoing Indiana University directives towards reducing the campus infections resulting from COVID-19:
- Give instructions to students, staff, and faculty selected or self-referred for COVID -19 testing on the IU Southeast Campus.
- The assistant will wear Personal Protective Equipment while handing out sealed tests.
- Persons taking the tests will provide a saliva sample in a vial, close the vial, and place it in a location where the assistant can submit it for delivery to a laboratory.
- The assistant will complete forms and facilitate the record keeping of the testing process.
- Reports to Youn Se Wert, RN.
- Support and enact procedural or policy changes related to the COVID-19 pandemic as directed by the IU Medical Response Team or appropriate university leadership.
- The position does not require medical knowledge or experience and poses very low risk of infection.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Technical skills necessary to download and use testing software, print documents, troubleshoot, and teach test participants how to use the related programs.
- Customer service skills.
- Desire to help others.
- Support of and interest in IU initiatives to curb the COVID-19 pandemic.
Working Conditions / Demands
Applicants will need the ability to lift approximately 20 pounds, and work on a laptop computer in a sedentary position. Availability for at least 3 shifts per week for a minimum of 2 hours per shift is required.
$11.00 per hour.
Hours of operation: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Career Level: Temporary
Job Function: Temporary Hourly
Job Family: Temporary Regular
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or by visiting IUPD.