|Location||Bel Air, MD|
|Date Posted||June 23, 2020|
The SBDC Counselor COVID-19 Relief position supports the needs of the small business community as they rebuild and restructure their businesses as a result of the pandemic. This position provides one-on-one technical business consulting, and on occasion, participates in short webinars and courses related to the operational aspect of COVID-19 relief efforts. SBDC Counselors must work collaboratively with their peers and the business community to leverage additional expertise in the resolution of client issues.
This role is a part-time, temporary, grant-funded position lasting 12 months and does not guarantee future employment once the grant is financially exhausted.
The SBDC Counselor COVID-19 Relief role provides one-on-one technical assistance to Small Business Development Center clients at Harford Community College in the following areas:
- accessing and applying for resources provided by the Administration and other Federal resources relating to access to capital and business resiliency
- the hazards and prevention of the transmission and communication of COVID–19 and other infectious diseases
- the potential effects of COVID–19 on the supply chains, distribution, and sale of products of covered small business concerns and the mitigation of those effects
- the management and practice of telework to reduce possible transmission of COVID–19
- the management and practice of remote customer service by electronic or other means
- the risks of and mitigation of cyber threats in remote customer service or telework practices
- the mitigation of the effects of reduced travel or outside activities on covered small business concerns during COVID–19 or similar occurrences
- any other relevant business practices necessary to mitigate the economic effects of COVID–19 or similar circumstances.