|Published||December 3, 2021|
Manufacturing Quality Manager
Please note, there is a change in our requirements regarding the Covid-19 vaccine. A detailed statement can be found below in the basic requirement section of the posting.
As a Quality Manager, you will be entitled on setting local business quality objectives. You will lead teams to control processes and manage problems by auditing, applying quality tools and applying appropriate problem-solving methodology. You will determine headcount requirements and manage quality personnel, and you will act as interface between Rolls-Royce, suppliers and customers both internally and externally.
To ensure we continue to be pioneers of our industry, Rolls-Royce has a team of over 16,500 engineers around the globe. They include everyone from world experts in their field to those who manage hundreds of people and millions of pounds worth of investments. We recruit engineers at all levels and in a range of disciplines. And while we encourage specialisation, we also offer freedom to cross-specialise and develop skills across a number of different areas.
- Ensures that the staff are appropriately trained / supervised to carry out their roles effectively and are developed for future requirements using the company standard processes and tools (Professional Development Frameworks, MyLearning etc.)
- Manage quality data, determine business quality metrics to drive improvement, lead cross functional teams in improvement activities, provide and present information for management, supplier and customer reviews.
- Manage problems and guide others to select and apply appropriate problem-solving methodology (8D, MQI, DMAIC etc.…), coach others in the use of problem-solving tools, lead cross functional teams to resolve problems, act as Rolls-Royce representative to suppliers and customers regarding problem resolutions
- Accountable for containment activity, lead and coach local problem investigation teams through investigation closure, lead and assign responsibility for non-conforming material control (internal and external), including management within SAP per quality system requirements, accountable for emergency release material.
- Manage Rolls-Royce internal representative for audits (business level, supplier, customer, regulatory authority), accountable for audit finding resolution, conduct internal audits and compliance checks, assure businesses are compliant to quality system requirements
- Understand and promote R-R business objectives, lead and coach discussions to resolve quality issues, Influence staff at senior levels as well as customers and suppliers as it pertains to quality, influence all relevant parties that support R-R business objectives.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Associate degree and 7+ years’ experience in Quality Management/Quality System OR
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience in Quality Management/Quality System OR
- Master’s degree and 3+ years’ experience in Quality Management/Quality System OR
- In lieu of degree 9+ years of experience in Quality Management/Quality System
- Must be US Citizen to be considered for this role
In accordance with US Federal Executive Order 14042, its implementing guidelines, and our internal policies, candidates should be aware that after an offer is accepted, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for this position. Individuals who may need an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirements due to a medical condition or religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Please note, federal, state, customer or company policy COVID-19 requirements may change before or after the start date.
- Lean Sigma Black Belt accredited (or working towards accreditation)
- Promotes a compliance culture
- Problem solving
- Measurement system analysis
- Management skillsets and application
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary. If you’re successful for this role you’ll be expected to work from home on a temporary basis. When Rolls-Royce updates the safety protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on required tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the organization
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Close date: December 3rd, 2021
24 Nov 2021; 00:11