|Published||August 4, 2022|
Manager of COVID Operations
CLASSIFICATION/STATUS: Full time, 40 hours, Exempt, Temporary (approximately 6 months)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Vice President of Operations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: COVID Vaccine Clinic Staff
WHO YOU ARE:
YOUR ROLE & IMPACT
Charles River Community Health is rising to meet the needs of its patients and neighbors during COVID-19. The Manager of COVID Vaccine Operations will develop processes and manage day-to-day operations of CRCH's COVID vaccine and testing efforts. This role will collaborate with departments across the organization to marshal the resources and expertise needed to ensure these efforts are efficient, safe, and equitable.
Note: this is a temporary position lasting until CRCH's COVID vaccine clinics end - approximately six months. Work hours are generally Monday-Friday, with staggered hours in different clinic locations, including some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
- Serve as COVID-19 vaccine and testing program champion and lead in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Provide day-to-day, hands-on leadership, staying present onsite during each clinic to facilitate clinic flow and solve problems in real time.
- Establish (and be responsible for) clinic schedules in EMR/practice management system.
- In collaboration with clinical specialists, establish standard clinical workflows.
- Establish (and be responsible for) administrative workflows, including appointment reminders and other patient communication.
- Develop staff schedules, direct and supervise the work of 4-8+ staff and volunteers on the vaccine team. Recruit additional volunteers as needed.
- Own all aspects of staffing processes: hiring, training, onboarding, off-boarding, and ensuring all have the knowledge, resources, and equipment needed to efficiently do their jobs.
- Serve as backup to any role in the clinic when there are callouts and gaps in the schedule (except vaccinator, unless credentialed to do so).
- Establish clinic checklists for supplies and coordinate vaccine and test ordering for clinics with clinical leadership. Utilize checklists to ensure day-to-day accountability and no wasted vaccine doses.
- Coordinate outreach to CRCH vaccine-eligible population to get to vaccine access points.
- Generate COVID vaccination clinic reports to monitor performance to goal, including meeting equity measures.
- Respond to inquiries, creatively problem solve issues as they arise in a timely manner, facilitate daily huddles and meetings, and provide presentations to inform healthcare partners of vaccination planning.
- Meet vaccine usage compliance requirements for state and federal agency partners.
- Represent the COVID vaccine program, and department-wide vaccine related activities, during local and regional healthcare partner meetings
- Be able to quickly change vaccine clinic schedules and/or logistics in alignment with changing vaccine supply availability, leadership goals, and/or external expectations.
- If credentialed to do so, provide COVID vaccine to patients, and educate them about the benefits, risks and side effect of receiving it.
- Document vaccine encounters in Electronic Medical Record according to CRCH procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, TRAITS
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must have appropriate licensure and certification to provide injectable vaccines in Massachusetts and in accordance with CRCH, local, state and federal guidelines.[ if applicable]
- Knowledge of immunization programs and vaccine delivery systems required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide operations/logistics expertise, technical, and administrative assistance to a healthcare team required.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to work under pressure and carry out assignments and responsibilities reliably in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner required.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate orally and in writing with supervisor, co-workers, partners, and stakeholders required.
- Experience working on complex projects that change regularly required.
- Experience using process metrics to inform the success of the program and make adaptations as needed required.
- Demonstrated good judgement and comfort in making independent decisions, while understanding limitations and elevating as needed in the absence of information required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities and projects under a rapidly changing environment, with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively in this environment required.
- Proficiency and comfort with Windows OS and Microsoft Office to perform essential functions of the position required.
- Experience and skill in working with diverse populations and cultures required.
- Experience with vaccine-preventable disease and disease control measures, including COVID-19 preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and comprehend new and complex bodies of knowledge efficiently preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Record and Practice Management systems required; NextGen preferred.
- Must be able to work until 7pm or later, a few nights per week as part of a regular work week
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese preferred.
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Charles River Community Health's mission is to improve the health and well-being of the communities of Allston, Brighton, Waltham and surrounding areas by providing quality, compassionate, coordinated care that is patient-centered, family friendly, and community focused.
CRCH is a comprehensive practice providing medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, optical, and vision services to diverse underserved local communities. We serve over 15,000 patients annually, and 80% of those served are well below the poverty line while over 60% speak in a language other than English.
We are committed to providing patients with timely access to the right care, at the right place and at the right time, collaborating with other organizations to connect patients with a comprehensive range of services and provide continuity of care, and creating new community partnerships to meet the changing needs of patients and the community.
We value caring for everyone with dignity, respect, and compassion, reducing cultural, financial and other barriers to care, and eliminating health care disparities for our patients. We also advocate for the needs of our patients, the community, and public health causes.
If you are passionate about providing access to quality and compassionate care to the underserved, you will find your career rewarding and impactful. As Manager of COVID Operations, you will be part of a dynamic team and will find a partner in your career path goals and trajectory!
OUR BENEFITS & PERKS
Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program
Tickets at Work
Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Professional Development Opportunities
Solid track record of developing and promoting employees internally!
Charles River Community Health is strongly committed to diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity and its strengths, CRCH will better serve our local communities and continue to provide quality patient care and services. CRCH is an employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, CRCH prohibits retaliation against an applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the workplace.