|Published||August 5, 2022|
Manager in Training - Golf Shop/Hospitality/Experience
Full-Time Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Function as a Manager on Duty for Golf Shop staff. Within these areas the focus will be on registering daily golfers for play, administering on course play, and the entire customer service spectrum of the daily guest experience as well as managing staff on duty. This also includes handling of overnight guest experience and expectations. Within the role, candidates will also work shifts as our guests Experience Concierge.
Estimated 40-50 hours/week, with average 6 days per week. May - Mid October 2022.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Work as MOD managing staff to ensure a positive guest experience:
- Assist in scheduling to ensure that there is adequate and efficient staffing at all times.
- Anticipate guests' needs and respond promptly. Resolve guest complaints and concerns, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Supervising golf shop operations
- Communicate regularly with the Operations Director and Retail Manager
- Monitor the status of daily and overnight guest check-in/check-out
- Work with housekeeping on room status and cleanliness
- Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff check out.
- Work with reservationists to ensure accurate bookings for overnight/daily guests
- Golf Shop Attendant/Front Desk Services
- Register all daily golf guests and provide guests all facility information.
- Function as a working member of the golf shop staff.
- Fold and restock merchandise when needed. ALL staff will be trained on folding techniques.
- Manage tee sheet, Point of Sale (POS), and all other computer functions.
- Sell merchandise and be educated in merchandise sales techniques and products.
- Greet guests warmly and perform registration procedures.
- Provide guests with appropriate room assignments, room keys, directions to the rooms, while up-selling when appropriate.
- Assist guests with issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on guest satisfaction. Use supervisor support when necessary.
- Facilitate guest departures providing accurate statements and ensuring guest satisfaction and collecting all payments due.
- Experience Concierge
- Start & pick up all guests who partake in the kettle loop
- Work with guests who are looking to utilize top tracer while being knowledgeable with the product.
- Help any guest looking to utilize the caddie barn, including the opening, closing & cleaning up after any guest who used barn.
- Assist guests with drink service on the drumlin, in the caddie barn, and at top tracer.
- Proactively approach guests who are using any extra amenities and provide them with the means to contact you via the Experience Concierge cell phone
- Genuine customer service skills
- Maintain a professional appearance including uniform and conduct
- Self-motivated, punctual, detail oriented, and has a willingness to learn
- Prior experience in the golf course, hotel, or club industry is required
- Completed or enrolled in an accredited hospitality or PGM program is preferred
- Previous golf management software and operating a POS system is preferred
- Lift up to 50 lbs on a daily basis