|Published||September 18, 2022|
|Location||Fort Lauderdale, FL|
About JLL -
We're JLL-a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That's why we're committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We're using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we're honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we're headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements below. We're interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
What this job involves:
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities. Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, ensuring that the work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently, neatly and with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience. Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition. Manages departmental staff, including selection, scheduling and job assignments; counseling, appraisals and recognition; recommending salary, promotional, disciplinary, termination and other personnel actions.
- Metric driven with focus around follow-ups, utilizing Corrigo and BI data. Will work with the client to schedule equipment to be taken off line so that preventative maintenance can be performed. Monitors operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility's critical operations. Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various site infrastructure systems, determine the root cause of any problem / malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
- Understands the engineering design and operational aspects of the Base Building and Critical Support Systems and Components. Must be able to immediately recognize system shortcomings and respond to operational and emergency situations.
- Provides training and support aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff. Specific duties include but are not limited to: demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety and trouble shooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Participates in facilities remodeling, new construction, and other planning activities of other departments. Manages and monitors construction and repair projects.
- Monitors operation and maintenance of refrigeration, water cooling, air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; reviewing logs as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; and is responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions on an as need basis.
- Oversees repair and P.M. of HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing, structure and other building systems; determines frequency of repair and/or P.M. for HVAC, electrical, piping/plumbing, structure and other building systems.
- Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the building. Specific duties include but are not limited to: preparing and submitting purchase orders requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks of inventory levels and equipment conditions.
- Directs the performance of contracted maintenance work as needed. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: ensuring the timely performance of maintenance contract work, overseeing the fulfillment of equipment warrantee obligations by the installer and securing equipment manuals and drawings from the installers/contractors.
- Plans and manages the budget allowing for appropriate control and utilization of client's resources. Forecasts budget for the operation and maintenance of the building and systems accurately. Recommends and estimates facility repairs and improvements for inclusion in the annual budget.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials. Responsible for the short-term training of the operating and maintenance team. Responsible for the compliance with the Jones Lang LaSalle Operations Audit and other client-based audits that are applicable to their assigned facility or facilities.
- You feel empowered to create memorable human experiences for the client, the internal JLL team and the account's One Team while upholding safety standards.
- You are a passionate expert that embodies the JLL Human Experience culture of being an early adopter and turning problems into opportunities while having the flexibility to think outside of the box.
- You are a role model with uncompromising standards who works as a collaborative team player, communicates professionally and demonstrates accountability.
- You are open to new and innovative ideas and you focus on continuous improvement and delighting the customer.
- At JLL you are expected to think "WE". Everyone in the organization is part of the team!
- You are a proactive, empathetic leader who brings a positive attitude to the workplace each day.
- You are a change agent who lives JLL's core values, including: ethics, teamwork and excellence.
- Working with and for people is your passion!
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
- Education - B.S. in engineering preferred, or one or more of the following:
- International Maintenance Institute (IMI) - Certified Maintenance Manager credential
- Building Owners & Management Association (BOMA) - FMA Facility Management Administrator or SMA Systems Maintenance Administrator credential
- Association of Facility Engineers (AFE) - CPE Certified Plant Engineer or CPMM Certified Plant Maintenance Manger credential
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA) - CFM Certified Facility Manager or FPM Facility Management Professional credential
- High school diploma and a formal apprenticeship program plus two years documented advanced technical training in a different craft area from an accredited technical training school (i.e. HVAC or electrical systems).
- Job Experience - 2+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering and maintenance supervision. Managerial experience required with proven budget and personnel responsibilities.
- Personal characteristics - Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
- Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
- Must be proficient in basic computer applications and software such as MS Office, Outlook E-Mail etc.
- Must have familiarity with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS - preferably "Corrigo") and Building Automation System (BAS - Sieman's Apogee, Johnson Metasys or Trane Tracer preferred)
Please note this is a site-based role and the client requires vaccinations for on-site attendance, if you are offered the role- you will be expected to comply.
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs and resources to lower their health costs and increase their personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
- Executive Benefits
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may contact us at Accommodation Requests. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.