|Published||May 8, 2022|
Are you interested in working for a mission-driven organization that continues to grow and is dedicated to providing quality services to its residents? Do you want your next job to offer you the opportunity to serve while allowing you to grow personally and professionally? Explore careers with Charles E. Smith Life Communities!
OUR ENGINEER POSITION
The primary purpose of our Common Area Maintenance Engineer position is to operate and maintain the HVAC equipment and utility systems in a safe and effective manner in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, regulations, and our established policies and procedures to ensure a safe and pleasing environment for the residents.
ABOUT CHARLES E. SMITH LIFE COMMUNITIES
Charles E. Smith Life Communities (CESLC) is a faith-based nonprofit senior services organization located in Rockville, Maryland, delivering quality care and meaningful life experiences to older adults with dignity and compassion rooted in Jewish values. Our team of over 1,000 members represent a very wide range of cultural backgrounds, ethnicities, and faiths.
PEOPLE WHO MATTER
Every associate – guided by our values and mission - contributes to our sustained place as a leader and has an important role in our success. Entry level or seasoned, our associates experience the rewards of working for a mission-driven, nonprofit organization committed to creating an engaging community for aging adults. Our team-oriented environment provides exceptional opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
Our total rewards package includes competitive compensation, health benefits through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield, a retirement plan, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, credit union, and proximity to public transportation.
This position is based at Hebrew Home of Greater Washington, located at 6121 Montrose Road in Rockville, Maryland.
SHIFTS & STATUS
This is a full time, day shift position.
- Demonstrate knowledge of boiler room equipment and boiler room operating procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer based preventive maintenance systems and PC applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of water system testing principles and processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of HVAC preventive maintenance processes and procedures.
- Operate and maintain high pressure stream plan, hot water boiler plants and related equipment.
- Respond to emergency calls from the building in the complex during non-regular hours.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High-school diploma or GED.
- Maryland First Class Stationary Engineers License and C.F.C. certification.
- Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification.
- Two years of experience working in boiler room and operations.
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has made health and safety in the workplace a top priority for job seekers. We want to assure you that it is a daily focus for everyone at CESLC. We have a robust COVID-19 response plan that includes infection control practices with detailed cleaning and PPE guidance; COVID-19 vaccine requirement; rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols for staff and residents; and ongoing staff communication and education. As part of our health and safety measures, virtually 100% of our associates are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Visit this link for more details on the CESLC response to COVID-19: www.smithlifecommunities.org/coronavirus/.
Thanks for your interest in joining CESLC and the team in our Common Area Maintenance (CAM) Department!