|Date Posted||July 25, 2020|
Jessamine County is in need of a LPN / RN / MPH to join their local health department team to aid in the efforts of contact tracing, disease investigation, and community COVID-19 testing. The community testing will likely be a few hours a week. This role will require travel to the Jessamine County Health Department as well as limited travel to other neighboring counties. Remote work on weekends and nights may be required. Training will be provided.
The work involves responsibility for investigating situations concerning individuals who have been in contact with COVID-19 and locating patients of COVID-19 and persons with whom they have had contact. Investigation procedures involve contacting various information sources such as welfare agencies, neighbors, hospitals, work locations, restaurants and bars. Certain assignments made to employees in this position will require reasonable access to transportation to meet fieldwork requirements made in the ordinary course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
- Interview patients to elicit information regarding their contacts to COVID-19 positive patients and to determine possible personal and health history related to transmitted diseases.
- Educate and counsel patients regarding transmitted diseases and risk reduction.
- Locate persons who have been reported to have COVID-19 or who have been in contact with infected individuals; direct these individuals to submit necessary laboratory specimens and such other necessary control measures.
- Induce persons who have been in contact with COVID-19 to have medical examinations and laboratory testing as applicable.
- Provide information and education on COVID-19 to phone inquiries.
- Conduct investigations to discover unreported cases.
- Perform a variety of duties relating to the preparation of reports, entering personal data on patient registers and preparing correspondence to send to patients who are in need of medical examination and treatment.
- Maintain records on all delinquent and/or non-conforming patients.
- Prepare individual narrative reports concerning work procedures and certain patients.
- Current LPN / RN / MPH