|Date Posted||December 3, 2021|
*** SIGN-ON BONUS*** $250 for part-time
Are you someone who wants to make a difference in the battle against alcohol and drug addiction? We are looking for committed individuals to join our team in our daily fight, teaching people to save their own lives. Help us inspire change today.
We help people recover from addiction and co-occurring disorders.
We are looking for team members who share our passion and belief that recovery is possible.
• If you find personal fulfilment in helping others
• If you want to work in a supportive team environment
• If you want to make a positive difference in people’s lives – This is where you want to be!
We are excited to meet you and discuss the LPN Staff Nurse position and your qualifications!!
Samaritan Recovery Community is a caring, long-standing nonprofit substance abuse treatment provider serving Nashville and Middle Tennessee. Located in the historic East Nashville area with spectacular views of the downtown skyline and Tennessee Titans Football stadium, Samaritan Recovery Community provides intensive residential treatment, transitional living, intensive outpatient, and outpatient services. We provide treatment services to men and women regardless of their ability to pay.
We are currently looking for a LPN Staff Nurse who will provide support to our full-time nurse and our Medical Director, while providing care to our clients. The LPN Staff Nurse will provide medical screenings of clients, conduct admissions and referral interviews. In this position you will act as liaison with the Medical Director to assure physical histories and examinations are scheduled and completed. The LPN nurse will provide recommended medical treatments and referrals, make medications available to clients and supervise self-medication procedures. In addition, you will maintain appropriate medical records and provide relevant medical information to other clinical staff. If helping others during their recovery is something you are passionate about, we would welcome your application.
- Provide support to our full-time nurse and our Medical Director while providing care to our clients.
- Obtain medical histories and schedule physical examinations and related lab work for new clients.
- Conduct TB skin tests on new clients and staff.
- Act as liaison with Medical Director to provide recommended treatments to clients.
- Obtain urine specimens as needed.
- Conduct evaluations of clients medical and/or psychiatric complaints and make referrals to appropriate clinics or physicians when indicated.
- Act as liaison with laboratory services.
- Monitor client compliance with self-medication procedures
- Provide appropriate documentation of all medical evaluations, complaints, recommendations, treatments and referrals.
- Provide nutritional counseling to clients in accord with accepted dietary standards for healthful recovery and the individual’s needs.
- Conduct the exercise program for clients as supervised by the Medical Director to assure compliance with recommendations for individual activity levels.
- Conduct lecture/seminar educational activities for clients as scheduled.
- Conduct training activities for staff as scheduled.
- Organize and maintain inventory control of all medications, emergency, and medical supplies.
- Provide relevant medical information to other agency staff; participate in staff and clinical meetings as scheduled.
- Perform other related duties as required.
LPN license from State of Tennessee and two years related experience; experience working with adults with co-occurring disorders highly desirable. OR, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and RN license form the State of Tennessee and one year related experience; experience working with adults with co-occurring disorders highly desirable.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time 20 hours per week
Job Type: Part-time
Samaritan Recovery Community has implemented multiple procedures to address COVID-19, they include COVID-19 symptom screen, on-site COVID-19 testing, regular disinfecting, COVID-19 vaccinations are encouraged. Masks are optional currently; however, mask requirements fluctuate with the number of COVID-19 cases in the community.