|Date Posted||January 2, 2021|
100% Install: Install quick connect systems (one unit hooked to the wall that runs wirelessly), run wire through walls for power to cameras and keypads, install and program keypads and various electronics in-home or businesses including cameras, motion sensors, door and window sensors, etc. These are very similar to smart home installations, like Ring, Nest, google mesh, Alexia, any smart home install experience, or simple Wi-Fi networking aptitude.
Work with customers to ensure equipment brought is the equipment ordered. Work with customers to determine the best places to install equipment. Will be required to use drills and other tools to run cable and install equipment (Cameras, pads, door and window contacts, etc.) Test once complete and train customer on using the product. It is imperative that this person takes his/her time and is careful not to damage the customer premise.
- Basic hand tools like hammer, screwdrivers, socket set
- Wireless Drill
- Cable Strippers
- 6-8 foot ladder, Need a truck or Van for this
- Tape Measure
-.Snips or diagonal cutters
- Pliers (needle nose and channel locks)
- professional tracer toner generator
- wall-fishing tools
- leveler, multi-tool attachment (for different types of screw heads)
- staple gun
- sealants for holes
- additional drywall screws
- drill bits
Tools will be able to be acquired within the first 2 weeks of the training period while they are working with a senior-level Tech.
Shifts are standard 8-5 with Saturday being a day they must be willing to work some. They may have an option to work 9-6 some days to allow for installs to people that work.
Top Skills Details:
1) Residential equipment installation experience. Commercial experience will not rule them out, but residential is preferred. Ring, Nest, Alexia install experience is what we are looking for.
2) Prior experience not necessary but preferred on installs/programming specific security systems in residents, such as Honeywell keypads using a laptop to assign MAC addresses for the different endpoints of the system such as a wireless CCTV camera like Ring cameras or Nest thermostats, wireless smoke detector, wireless glass break sensor or Smart Deadbolt lock on the door (this means experience in residential environments, even if it is for themselves or family/friends and paying close attention to not damage customer premises.
3) Needs to be able to pull low voltage cable as well and be able to do work in attic spaces and crawl spaces in homes which are very rare with these new systems.
The first preference would be prior residential alarm experience, the second preference would be prior commercial or residential fire installation, third would be a prior desktop, Helpdesk, geek squad, residential cable/TV/phone installation but have prior alarm install experience over 40% of the time on the job.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Excellent customer service skills. Have to have a Van, SUV, or truck for this role as you will need to carry a 6-8 foot ladder
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.