|Location||San Jose, CA|
|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
Information Systems Technician III
Salary: $8,172.67 - $10,462.40 Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: 01377-E
Location: CA, CA
Department: Information Technology
Closing: 11/28/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Infrastructure Services Unit (Position Code 0960)
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
*To protect our most valuable assets, our employees, as well as the communities we serve, Valley Water requires all new hired Valley Water personnel to be fully vaccinated (for COVID -19) or to be formally excused from the requirement through the **reasonable accommodation process (for details, see bottom of job posting)
Overview: The Information Systems Tech III is within the IT Unit. This person will provide technical support in managing, ensuring availability, implementing, and documenting the districts server, network, VOIP, radio, storage, email, disaster recovery, and other core services. They will assist the Sr System Techs with managing and implementing these services. They will be expected to multitask, have proven analytical/problem solving skills, and complete a variety of technical tasks relative to their assigned area of responsibility. Knowledge of System Administration, MDM, Radio, LAN, WAN, VOIP including but not limited to VLAN's, VPN's, firewalls, routers, switches, servers, virtualization, and storage. In addition to having knowledge of various technologies this position must be an effective team player with IT and non-IT Staff. They are expected to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Implement, configure, and mange telephone services including VOIP based systems and on prem hardware
- Implement, configure, and mange MDM based solutions and associated client devices
- Implement, configure, and manage Radio systems, Microwave Systems, T1s, fiber, and any other applicable technologies
- Assist in implementing, configure and administer Windows servers, Active Directory, DNS, RAIDs, Radius, print servers, windows updates servers, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and PowerShell based management.
- Assist with Implementing, configuring and administering Network Based Storage Systems
- Assist with Implementing, configuring and administering virtualized infrastructure
- Assist with Implementing, configuring and administering network firewalls, routers, and switches
- Assist with Configuring and administering Microsoft O365 Exchange online, Azure AD, Microsoft O365, SharePoint online, and One Drive
- Assist with Implementing, configuring and administering cloud backup/disaster recovery infrastructure
- Assist with Implementing, configuring and administering technologies such as snapshots and data recovery
- Work with vendors to support and administer applications and systems
- Requires 24X7 support for network services, productions systems, emails, and network infrastructure
- Assist with performed scheduled service updates and patches to servers and networking equipment
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and support LAN/WAN including wireless infrastructure to ensure reliable, secure, and efficient day-to-day network operations
- Assist with Implementing, configuring and administering switches, firewalls, routers, and wireless devices
- Assist with Documenting and maintaining detail network diagrams for all enterprise LAN and WAN
- Assist with Implementing and managing corporate remote access Solutions
- Provide support for mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad and other android devices
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including robust analytical skill with a focus on preventative actions
- Collaborate with business owners to determine requirements for new systems and deliver solutions that best meet the business needs
- Provide end-users helpdesk support as needed including but not limited to computer hardware/software issues, email, application, and printing issues.
- Provide helpdesk support
- Assist with Maintaining hardware, software, and licensing inventory
- Comply with Company IT policies, procedures, and change controls
Ideal candidate's background includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
- 5 years of computer/network systems experience supporting; VOIP, Radio and Microwave or other similar systems.
- Experience should include supporting ISP and provided internet services. Including; system/network administration and configuration of enterprise systems.
- 4 years of system administration and/or network administration
- 2+ years experience with MDM solutions
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Ability to prioritize and take responsibility to resolve problems efficiently and manage multiple projects in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrate drive to learn new technologies and keeping up to date with current technologies
- Solid technical knowledge of VOIP based systems
- Solid Technical knowledge of Microwave, Radio, T1, Fiber, and other applicable technologies
- Technical knowledge with Palo Alto Network equipment, VMware, NetApp, Cisco, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft AD, Microsoft Servers, and network security products
- Principles and practices of Network Administration
- Principles and practices of System Administration
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation
- Recent and on-going Networking, and Systems Administration related developments, including information technology, current literature, and sources of information related to the operations of assigned area of responsibility.
Ideal Training and Education:
Equivalent to thirty (30) semester units of college level or vocational coursework in computer science or a closely related field
Experience in computer hardware and software applications and operations or audio/visual software and equipment or substantially similar experience may be substituted for the college on a one year and one-half for one year basis.
Candidates with current certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, VOIP systems
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. To review the Classification Specification, please click here (Download PDF reader)
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following: application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above. Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE: Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
COVID-19 vaccination requirement:
* Fully vaccinated means (1) it has been at least two weeks since a person has completed the entire recommended series of a COVID-19 vaccine, and (2) the person has provided proof of vaccination in a form consistent with the requirements for verification of vaccine status in the State of California's July 26, 2021 Public Health Officer Order.
**Limited Exemptions to Vaccination Requirement
An individual who has been provided a job offer may request a reasonable accommodation to the vaccination requirement if they:
1. Have a contraindication recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or by the vaccine's manufacturer to every approved COVID-19 vaccine. A contraindication means a condition that makes vaccination inadvisable;
2. Have a disability and are requesting an exception as a reasonable accommodation based upon this disability; or,
3. Object to COVID-19 vaccination based on their sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling 408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned. Human Resources staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
To apply, please visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd/jobs/3304136/information-systems-technician-iii
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.