|Location||Kansas City, MO|
|Date Posted||June 24, 2020|
We are seeking a full-time Infection Control Nurse for the 2020-21 school year, beginning in August 2020.
The Infection Control Nurse will promote awareness of and assist in the prevention and tracking of Sars-CoV-2 infection by -
- collaborating with PHS teams and individuals to create infection control and prevention strategies for the Pembroke Hill School
- creating awareness within the school community regarding the virus and infection control
- identifying, investigating, monitoring and reporting SARS-CoV-2 cases within the school community
- providing ongoing feedback to the PHS staff and community regarding SARS-CoV-2 updates and necessary adjustments to IC strategies
- upholding professional standards according to the state Nurse Practice Act, applicable to school nursing practice.
- Valid and current RN license in the State of Missouri.
- Nursing Degree; Associate’s required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in infection control or infectious disease Nursing. Pediatric nursing is a plus.
- Current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – verbal and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong computer and research skills to stay up to date with new developments, best practices and standards of care.
Pembroke Hill School is an independent school with a 100+ year history located near the historic Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, Missouri. We have newer and updated facilities, excellent resources, small class sizes, and a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package including a free lunch while school is in session. If you would like to join a highly qualified team who enjoys working with talented and dedicated students and faculty and would like to be considered for this opportunity, complete the online application.