|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Director, Human Resource Business Partner - Chantilly, Virginia
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2020 revenues of around $9.44 billion.
The Director, Human Resources - Business Partner (HRBP) reports to the Sr. Director, Human Resources Business Partner – Esoteric. The HRBP will partner with the Executive Laboratory Director for the Chantilly laboratory and its business/functional leaders to influence the design and execution of the business strategy by providing consultative support and leadership. S/He will translate the business plan into talent and organizational plans and drive for results by building organizational capability and performance. There are approximately 1,200 employees in the Chantilly laboratory.
• Partner to design and implement a sustainable organization that supports growth, quality and productivity by:
• Driving the People strategy
• Leveraging human capital to increase organizational capability and service delivery
• Facilitating employee advocacy and fostering employee engagement
• Partners with business/functional leaders to influence the design and execution of the business strategy by providing consultative support and leadership. Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plans and drives for results by building organizational capability and performance.
• The individual in this role will be an active member of the Billing senior leadership team, designing and driving a people strategy that supports Billing operational excellence. This person with liaison with regional HRBPs and seek input on a national Billing people strategy.
• Business Relationships
• Builds relationships with senior level clients. Is a trusted and credible partner who anticipates needs and proactively recommends solutions.
• Serves as an active member of the senior leadership team in assigned business/function and is able to influence and challenge others at this level
• Has a solid understanding of current and future business trends, both internal and external
• Serves as executive coach providing guidance and consultation to leadership
Strategy & Planning
• Consults with senior leaders to develop and execute business strategy to build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures and process. Provides strategic direction and influences at all levels in order to drive implementation of the strategy
• Translates the business plan into talent and organizational plan (e.g. owns the People Strategy for assigned business to include: organizational re-design, strategic workforce planning, total rewards solutions, succession planning and talent management, organizational development and employee engagement of workforce)
• Optimizes transformational change efforts by providing consulting support, guidance and a framework for leading and managing change
• Responsible for succession planning / pipeline to ensure leadership talent in support the business strategy
• Partners with and influences HR Centers of Excellence and HR Service Center to ensure the business is receiving optimal service and value-added programs that are aligned with business strategy.
• Use outcome-based metrics supplied by HR Service Center to identify trends and influence the business
• Business Based Outcomes
• Ensures strong leadership teams in place and plays a key role in recruiting senior level talent
• Drives toward strong organizational performance as evidenced by business measures such as productivity, quality and service
• Drives toward optimal culture that facilitates employees’ success. This includes Engagement, Diversity & Inclusion.
• Drives for high performance work environment that makes the organization a great place to work and delivers results
• People Management & HR Development
• Responsible for leading, coaching and developing a team of HR Business Partners in support of overall Human Resources and business strategy
• Key member of the HR community working to develop the HR Business Partner role, including staying abreast of current HR trends and best practices.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
- BA/BS in HR or related field is required; Master’s degree in HR/MBA or related field preferred
- SPHR certification strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office products and HR systems
- Understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations
- Highly developed and effective leadership and strategic influencing skills
- Ability to work effectively with mid-level to senior members of the organization
- 10+ years Human Resources experience including 3+ years managing exempt level HR staff
- (With Master’s Degree: 8 years, 3+ years managing exempt level HR staff)
- Ability to travel 10 - 40% of the time (varies by assignment)
- Business acumen
- Strategic agility
- Drive for results
- Decision quality
- Managerial courage
- Organizational savvy
- Influencing others
- Developing direct reports
- Dealing with ambiguity
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.