|Location||Melrose Park, IL|
|Date Posted||January 5, 2021|
Responsible for all daily HR duties for specified customer groups. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, staffing & recruitment, employee relations & legal compliance, employment related issue resolution, site safety and worker's compensation.
Consultant will also coordinate contact tracing activities related to COVID.
* Provide employee relations support to local management to include appropriate counseling, guidance, and employment termination when necessary.
* Serve as the daily contact for the local site management and staff to handle employee relations issues, including benefits issues, compensation issues, organizational development or general employment concerns.
* Conduct investigative interviews when employee complaints arise (i.e. sexual harassment or discrimination). Evaluate information gathered and determine the best course of action from a business, ethical and legal compliance standpoint. Follows through with the most appropriate action and follow up with original complainant.
* Support Sr. HR Manager with headcount reports, reconciliations, transactions in the HR system, and audits preparation.
* Support Sr. HR Manager with the recruitment process and costs for all open headcount positions at the local site.
o Generate Hire Requisitions as needed.
o Utilize behavioral interviewing skills to screen potential candidates
o Advise hiring panel on final job offer decision and work with Recruiting Team on offer and package.
* Maintain government reporting to include but not limited to Affirmative Action Compliance.
* Conducts exit interviews, and investigates key issues or concerns.
* Bachelor degree and 5+ years of strong HR Generalist experience are required.
* Previous supervisory/managerial experience required.
* Must have excellent communication skills and be proficient in Windows applications and have an understanding of HRIS systems required (preferably Workday).
* Knowledge of employee relations, recruitment, compensation, benefits and general labor laws are also required.
* Ability to manage highly confidential information.
* Ability to make decisions and work independently and as a team
* Experience with COVID case coordination is a plus.
Start date: ASAP
Shift hours: Day shift open 8 to 5 pm CST standard (flexible)
Overtime? Yes, business need
Location: 100% on site at the Melrose Park location
Duration: Estimated duration is 3 to 6 months
Is this contract only or contract to hire? Contract only
Day to day responsibilities: Handling the Covid contract tracing. (As soon as someone test positive the contract tracing starts (who were you in contact with)
If someone is close to someone within 6 feet then the worker needs to add the person's name and HR would investigate based off of that list.
This will be assisting the SR. HR Manager. Executing employee relation investigation, hiring, and reports. This could be HR Manager level but their not actually managing anyone but would have some of those responsibilities.
Must have skills: Manufacturing experience is highly desirable and experience with COVID case coordination is plus.
Pharma is a plus.