|Date Posted||October 13, 2021|
Regional Director, Hospital Lab Operations – Great Midwest
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2020 revenues of $9.44 billion.
The Hospital Laboratory Director provides leadership and directs the training, development, and supervision of laboratory personnel; plans and schedules the activities of two or more hospital laboratories; assumes responsibility for the proper application of policies and procedures; and operates assigned laboratory on a cost-effective basis.
The Hospital Laboratory Director is accountable for the accuracy and reliability of all services provided by the laboratories under his/her supervision.
This individual actively supports and complies with all company and hospital principles, policies and procedures.
Location for this position is flexible within the GMW Region.
• Ensure that all testing performed under his/her supervision is according to established, approved procedures and quality control policies.
• Perform management tasks to include: interview, employ, terminate, or make authoritative recommendations with regard to hiring or firing subordinate employees.
• Plan work schedules and assign work based on availability of personnel, workload and make adjustments to ensure continuous operations and productivity levels.
• Evaluate employee performance, recommends pay increases, handle employee concerns and work group performance.
• Coach and counsel staff to assist in their professional development.
• Anticipate departmental needs in order to establish both long and short-range goals; provide direction to the employees to ensure implementation of plans and the meeting of goals; and measure compliance in collaboration with administration (Quest Diagnostics and Hospital).
• Prepare written monthly reports of all laboratory activities and submit to the Managing Director, as directed. Establish necessary budgetary controls and maintain costs within budgeting constraints.
• Support and comply with all Quest Diagnostics and Hospital policies and procedures.
• Accountable for implementation and employee compliance with policies and procedures.
• Implement and coordinate Point-of-Care-Testing (POCT) within the hospital.
• Make recommendations for the purchase of capital equipment.
• Support and participate in the hospital's performance improvement process in an effort to continuously improve the quality of patient care.
• Responsible for laboratory billing and for the proper documentation of accounts payable records; ensuring these functions are correct and performed in a timely manner
• Investigate and resolve problems; inform Managing Director of all major problems.
• Responsible for the maintenance and retention of all documents needed for Federal/State inspections; ensure successful inspections and initiate timely remedial action as appropriate.
• Ensure that the laboratory maintains certification in all testing areas and retains its license.
• Execute Safety and Infectious Control Procedures to ensure patient, staff, and visitor safety.
• Promote mutual respect and professionalism throughout the company and hospital.
• Ensure that client inquiries and problems are handled professionally and expeditiously.
• Perform other ancillary duties as directed by competent authority.
• Require a BA/BS and Licensure MT (ASCP) or equivalent for certification as a general laboratory supervisor under C. L. I. A. 1967; Graduate degree or course work in business administration or related field is highly desirable.
• Proven performance record managing a hospital laboratory, with at least 5 years of management experience.
• Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Demonstrated leadership and significant management skill in Laboratory Medicine.
• Ability to work with hospital and laboratory personnel in meeting the standards for clinical testing with respect to cost, service, and quality.
• Ability to lead subordinate staff in the performance of their duties.
• Ability to work with the Laboratory Medical Director and Nichols Institute Managing Director.
• Detailed knowledge of laboratory operations.
• Detailed knowledge of and ability to develop laboratory CQI, Quality Management programs.
• Detailed knowledge of hospital financial operations as it relates to functioning of clinical laboratories. Detailed understanding of laboratory and hospital information systems, implementation plans, and interfaces. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with physicians, hospital and company leadership, staff and customers.
• Physical Demands Sitting, standing, walking, able to operate motor vehicle, work varying hours.
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.