|Date Posted||December 2, 2021|
Please note, there is a change in our requirements regarding the Covid-19 vaccine. A detailed statement can be found below in the basic requirement section of the posting.
As the Foundry Operator for Rolls-Royce, you will have the opportunity work in one of the most unique foundry environments in North America. We work hands on with the newest foundry technology to produce extraordinarily large propeller castings that are critical to our customer’s ability to operate.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
We're at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
- Understand and utilize established standard operating procedures to perform molding, melting, furnace and ladle lining,pouring, shake outofpropellers and C.P. propeller blades using a variety of foundry equipment; i.e. sand mixers, vibrators, riser saw, furnaces, etc.
- Perform all duties to the highest quality standards and within the allotted time or budget
- Invoke prescribed safety rules and regulations. Report to supervision any unsafe conditions that they may become aware of.Must wear or use all company required safety equipment
- Assist in the training of Level1 foundry workers as required
- Notify supervision of needed tooling, material or problems within the foundry operation
- Maintain tooling equipment and cleanliness of assigned work areas, etc.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) with 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing or general labor industry
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
In accordance with US Federal Executive Order 14042, its implementing guidelines, and our internal policies, candidates should be aware that after an offer is accepted, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for this position. Individuals who may need an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirements due to a medical condition or religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Please note, federal, state, customer or company policy COVID-19 requirements may change before or after the start date.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to properly utilize precision measuring equipment
- Ability to operate various cranes, material handling equipment, and various types of foundry equipment
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary. If you’re successful for this role you’ll be expected to work from home on a temporary basis. When Rolls-Royce updates the safety protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on required tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the organization
Closing Date: December 6th, 2021
22 Nov 2021; 00:11