|Date Posted||November 20, 2021|
$5,000 sign-on bonus for external candidates.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The overall purpose of the Field Care Advocate is to improve the enrollee's ability to remain stable in the community and out of the hospital. The role is to engage the person in the treatment process and then assist him/her to access the appropriate community services so they can pursue their treatment goals in the community and avoid institutionalization. This position requires field visits going into hospitals, clinical facilities and in the community. You will be in the field most of the time.
The Field Care Advocate position is also designed to be a direct clinical liaison between health plan staff and the clinical network. The program fosters a collegial and mutually beneficial relationship between the providers and payers of medical and behavioral health services.
This position is primarily field based. 80% of the time will be in the field, and 20% of the time will be working from home. **Due to COVID-19, this role will initially function as a 100% work from home position until Care Advocates are able to resume field work.**
The schedule is Monday - Friday during normal business hours.
Based on current business needs, we are open to candidates who reside in or near Watertown, Buffalo, Syracuse, and/or Rochester, NY.
If you are located within Upstate, NY, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify and provide community service linkage
- Assist enrollees with aftercare appointments
- Provide subsequent member follow-up as determined by individual member needs
- Work with enrollees to identify gaps in care or obstacles to care and problem solve for successful connection to needed services
- Review IP Census each day to determine which enrollees on the census are re-admits within the last 12 months
- Go to facility meetings with treatment team to develop a successful aftercare plan
- Manage the aftercare follow-up of identified high risk enrollees (manage follow-up calls/outreach and documentation)
- Meet with community providers/facilities as company liaison to foster good rapport and relationships and to identify new programs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- One of the following:
- Master's degree in Behavioral Health related field
- Associate degree or greater in Nursing with 10+ years of Behavioral Health experience
- Doctorate-degreed Psychologist
- Active, unrestricted, independent license the State of New York:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Registered Nurse (RN) with 10+ years of Behavioral Health experience
- 2+ years' experience in a related mental health environment
- Proficient computer skills and good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
- Access to high-speed internet (Cable Broadband, DSL, Fiber Optic) and a dedicated, distraction-free workspace at home
- Ability to work in the field daily within the assigned territory after COVID restrictions are lifted
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations, as well as all client requirements, and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Medical/Behavioral setting experience (i.e., hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- Working knowledge of city and state agencies and practices to include APS, ACS, AOT, ACT, Health Home, Forensic and others
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with the aged, blind, or disabled
- Experience working in community health
- Case Management experience
- Field based experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, Care Advocate, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Social Worker, Therapist, Counselor, Community Health, Substance Use, Substance Abuse, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, LMHC, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, RN, Psychologist, Rochester, Watertown, Syracuse, Buffalo, NY, New York