|Published||May 7, 2022|
|Location||Kansas City, KS|
P1 Service, LLC., is seeking a Facilities System Operator to work at The University of Kansas Health System, in Kansas City, KS.
Join our P1 Team!
P1 Service, LLC., part of the BCTS family of facility solutions providers, provides customers with the best in HVAC, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing service. Our turn-key solutions for all types of building solutions in a variety of markets has made P1 Service one of the top contractors in the nation. When you work for P1 Service, you'll be part of a culture that puts safety first, treats associates like family, and provides challenging work in a rewarding, energetic environment. P1 Service takes pride in maintaining a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture.
P1 Service, LLC.. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
We offer a competitive compensation package.
- Monitor plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fire & life safety systems and building automation systems equipment utilizing reliability centered maintenance strategies to ensure continuing operations. Judgment is necessary to determine when assistance is needed.
- Become proficient with monitoring/managing multiple BAS and CMMS systems to include Metasys, Simplex, JCI, Automated Logic, Trane Tracer, Pneumatic Tube System, APC, Kone, ARCHIBUS and all other applicable systems.
- Monitor critical equipment systems to assure proper ranges, including the verifying of pressures, temperatures, humidity and ventilation within allowable ranges.
- Monitor electrical circuits. This includes monitoring electrical equipment to include main breakers, generators, transformers, ATS’s and distribution equipment.
- Coordinate the maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, blueprints, shop drawings, approved submittals, SOP’s, operating manuals, manufacturers' specifications or management instructions.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, shop drawings, SOP’s and other reference materials to determine appropriate job requirements and procedures. Assist with maintaining technical library.
- Observe, assign and report, through the work order system (Archibus) any and all defects, deterioration, and wear and tear on the hospital facilities. Receives, manages and tracks work orders from dispatch to completion.
- Perform duties and responsibilities with view toward customer support, regulatory compliance, department goals, and energy conservation.
- Demonstrate teamwork with peers and management.
- Performs trending, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and resolving customer’s needs.
- Demonstrate a “First Responder” mentality when a crisis arises and immediately acts to minimize the scope of the problem.
- Maintains current contractor and vender contact list.
- Supports PM scheduling, tracking, compliance audits and reporting.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education: High school diploma or GED equivalent. Ability and willingness to work toward Associates Degree or 2-year technical college degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or BAS Systems.
- Preferred: Technical/Professional Training/Degree, or Trade Certificate.
- Must have ability to interpret blue prints, estimating jobs and familiar with hand tools & equipment associated with the trades.
- Skills/Experience: Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience working in a Facility Maintenance capacity, or related Associates/Technical College degree. Intermediate level of knowledge on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, customer-service-oriented, skilled at coordinating with clinical/mechanical/environmental to minimize disruption to stakeholder services and fire/life safety.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must have access to drive a well maintained vehicle. Must have up to date registration with the local Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Upon offer of position you are required to provide the following:
- Medical records showing up-to-date tuberculosis (TB) test or authorization for new TB testing.
- Medical records showing up-to-date vaccinations or proof of immunity regarding the vaccination list below. If no immunity, then authorization for new vaccinations or a signed declination is required regarding the vaccination list below. Vaccinations are measles, mumps, rubella (combined MMR), chickenpox (Varicella), tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis (Tdap), and Hepatitis B.
- Annual vaccination for influenza (flu) is required during flu season or medical proof of flu vaccine allergy and signed declination.