|Date Posted||January 7, 2022|
Executive Director, Commercial – Health Systems
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2020 revenues of $9.44 billion.
The Executive Director, Health Systems is accountable for the retention and growth of hospital, health system (HS) and GPO channels. The ED leads Commercial strategies and tactics for the segment. S/He represents Commercial on the HS Leadership Team. The ED also manages the director of the National Accounts (GPO) team and a Specialty Sales Director, while providing indirect management of regional HSEDs. S/He owns large deal/RFP decision-making and deal design with objective of increasing win rate.
The Executive Director reports directly to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Develop strategy to maximize the effectiveness of our Commercial HS and GPO teams.
- Owns HS Hoshin strategies and tactics specific to Commercial activities
- Develop the standards, objectives, and processes to support the account management strategy.
- Direct the HS/GPO leaders and their teams relative to goals, objectives, training and performance.
- Align with RVPs and GMs to drive segment alignment, goals and priorities.
- Work across the regional stakeholders to ensure account management responsibilities are understood.
- Responsible for the growth and retention measures (number of accounts, volume and revenue).
- Commercial ownership of large deal design and RFP decision-making process and the annual growth target.
- Responsible for designing processes which facilitate decision-making and result in more wins (RFP acceptances).
- Drives collaboration with Commercial Pricing, Contracting and other matrix partners in the RFP process.
- Identifies opportunities better suited for PLS or BD rather than traditional contract arrangements.
- Responsible for the large deal measures (number of deals considered, bid and accepted, volume and revenue).
- Leads Commercial Health Systems Leadership Team and facilitates development of regional HSEDs.
- Identify new offerings, service enhancements, business models and tactics to gain access in low-share markets.
- Develops pro-forma business plans and business cases to socialize opportunities not fitting our RFP process.
- Manages the HS Specialty Sales Director who leads growth initiatives and drives alignment of HAMs with HSSDs.
- BS degree in business, science or related field is required
- Ten or more years of business development, sales, pricing and marketing experience in health systems, hospitals and laboratory reference testing.
- Knowledge of laboratory operations, test menus, billing and reimbursement, order and reporting systems.
- Extensive experience negotiating contracts, constructing deals and responding to RFPs.
- Extensive c-suite executive presentations of value propositions.
- Experience designing innovative solutions involving cross-functional input and collaboration.
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Strategic Agility, Political Savvy, Deal with Ambiguity
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.