|Date Posted||July 29, 2021|
Executive Director, Technical Lab Operations – National
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2020 revenues of $9.44 billion.
The Executive Director is accountable for setting strategy and direction for the future of Laboratory Operations for the Company, enabling growth through product deployment, driving operational excellence, and ensuring the highest levels of medical quality and technical standards across the company. The successful candidate is a forward thinker and results-oriented leader with a cross-functional background and expertise in laboratory operations with demonstrated success designing and executing strategies that yield measurable business results.
• Strategic lab automation: Set direction for journey toward expanding “Lab of the Future” automation across all large laboratories across the enterprise.
• Lab footprint optimization: Optimize hub and non-hub network footprint balancing customer experience and cost effectiveness.
• Reliability and value engineering: Accountable for enterprise-wide asset management, total productive maintenance strategy and process, reliability engineering, service contract optimization and bio-medical development.
• Enabling growth: Partner with Clinical Franchises on product deployment (new test launch process improvement and prioritization). Optimize cost of testing as we launch new tests.
• Enabling lab systems standardization: In close partnership with Information Technology, leverage the lab systems standardization to allow for simplified specimen flow from lab-to-lab across the network. Support future IT transformations for Lab Information System (LIS) modernization.
• Driving operational excellence: Improve operational effectiveness and efficiency through front-end specimen processing and regional lab operations using continuous improvement and Quest Management System (QMS) tools.
• Technical excellence: Develop and lead technical standards for Lab Operations as it relates to medical quality and patient-care. Responsible for technical excellence across the following disciplines: Microbiology, Clinical Toxicology & Drug Monitoring, Hematology/Coagulation/UA, Molecular/Genetics, Immunology/Special Chemistry, Auto/Immuno Chemistry, etc.
• Leadership: Lead a team of 10 direct reports that leads a total team of ~50 corporate lab operations leaders. Indirect responsibility for 17 Lab Operations Directors (and over 10,000 lab employees) across U.S. Lab Operations for the General Diagnostics business including setting strategy, driving execution of key priorities, owning metrics and communications, and sponsoring key people initiatives aimed at workforce effectiveness.
• BS or BA from an accredited university required; MBA or MS preferred with degree in a medical or technical engineering discipline.
• 15-20 years of progressive senior leadership experience managing large complex operations in a laboratory/diagnostics/healthcare environment; Laboratory experienced preferred.
• Operations leader: Demonstrated operations and process leadership experience across multiple functional areas; Ability to lead in a matrix structure to achieve business goals; demonstrated financial acumen and experience developing and operating a capital budget
• Problem Solver: Strategic thinker who can work collaboratively to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational challenges
• Talent developer: Proven track record attracting and developing talent both within and outside direct team; ability to communicate clearly and effectively to direct and motivate team and others
• Flexible adaptor: Ability to operate effectively in a complex environment and manage multiple stake holders while adapting appropriately to shorter-term challenges, opportunities and priorities
• Project Manager: Demonstrated ability to drive solutions through business cases that clearly define project structure, budget, resource requirements, approach, and work plan
• Change agent: Makes decisions that drive significant organizational change on national scale; ability to influence others outside direct control
• Effective communicator: Uses interpersonal skills to influence, negotiate and communicate across all levels of the organization; ability to influence those outside of direct control to achieve overall business goals; Exceptional communication skills and professional presence
• Estimated 50+% travel
• Consistently demonstrates Quest Behaviors (agile, customer focused, transparent, United as One, performance oriented)
• Business and financial acumen
• Organizational savvy
• Drive for results
• Strategic agility
• Command skills
• Communication skills
• Innovation management
• Building, leading and motivating teams
• Change leadership
• Customer focus
• Process management and Six Sigma / Lean orientation
• Project management
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.