|Published||May 29, 2022|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, healthcare, and technology, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry thats improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isnt about another gadget, its about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. Theres no room for error. Join us and start doing your lifes best work.(sm)
The Optum Enterprise Epic Services team is building an innovative, comprehensive Epic services capability using the collective expertise of our clinical, consulting, delivery, technology, and operations teams. Our Center of Excellence, located in Nashville, TN, is bringing together some of the greatest minds in the industry to further our mission of making the health system work better for everyone. For you, that means working on high performance teams to leverage the power of technology and services delivery to improve care.
Strong candidates for this role will be able to demonstrate self-motivation, individual leadership, and team collaboration. Most importantly, our OEES team will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion and drive innovation for our company and our clients.
- Provide Epic product function, design, build, and testing expertise and experience for assigned Epic module related to EpicCare Ambulatory
- Collaborate with end users to design and build the Epic system in a timely and professional manner and make corrective configuration or enhancements
- Lead small to medium complexity Epic software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows including the design, build, and test phases
- Participate in design and validation sessions and ensure appropriate documentation, follow-up and issue escalation occurs
- Provide technical and/or clinical consultation including application configuration. Review, analyze, and evaluate system needs to develop recommendations for customers
- Develop, support, and maintain all required system design and build documents and other system documentation
- Perform daily monitoring of applications in production use
- Actively participate in all phases of the testing lifecycle and perform unit, system and integrated testing tasks and activities for EpicCare Ambulatory workflow
- Provide support of application incidents reported through the help desk, including 24/7 on call coverage as required
- Obtain and maintain in-depth knowledge of software functionality; acquire and utilize knowledge of operational workflows to be implemented
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- Work with trainers to develop and maintain application specific training curriculum and materials
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to specifications prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to the system; review and test each new release; troubleshoot problems and questions from end users
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control
- Develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers, and business partners
- Facilitate communication with stakeholders from initial requirements to final implementation
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
Youll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ active Epic certification(s) with proof of certificate number(s)
- Degree e.g. Associate, Bachelor, Master, or 1+ years of healthcare experience
- Reside in greater Nashville, TN or willing to relocate to Nashville
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, USA domestic locations. Travel may be lower depending on project requirements
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in department build, and implementing community connect locations
- Proficiency with Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Ability to demonstrate and have a history of team management (informal or formal), cross-team communication and leadership skills
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- In-depth knowledge of Epic EMR and the full implementation lifecycle of Epics suite of EMR applications
- Teamwork and Collaboration. Consultative and collaborative style with demonstrated ability with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships as well as motivate and inspire other team members through strong consultative skills
- Demonstrates a strong ability to build partnerships and influence others. Work across team, group, and business boundaries to drive commonality and reusability in solution to real-world problems
- Demonstrate strong relationship management skills and ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations
- Complete and maintain Epic certification in module supporting
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Heres the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the worlds large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care must go to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your lifes best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.