|Location||Gum Springs, AR|
|Date Posted||December 31, 2020|
Under minimal supervision, responsible for assisting in the management of the Veolia – Gum Springs Operations Environmental program. This function is in support of the Environmental Compliance Manager and the Environmental Manager.
- Assists with the development and implementation of environmental policies, programs and systems, including associated recordkeeping.
- Researches and provides environmental regulatory guidance to facility personnel to assist them in meeting regulatory, permit conditions, and internal policies for their areas of responsibility.
- Assists other facility environmental, health, and safety professionals in the review of spills and releases to determine root causes and the appropriate corrective and preventative actions.
- Manages the recordkeeping and Chemical Management Programs ensuring requirements are completed on schedule that reports are completed and posted, and leads follow-up actions with facility personnel and senior management.
- Manages the Third-Party Audit program ensuring that third-party audits completed, reviewed, and approved or denied in a timely manner.
- Schedules and manages the monthly reviews of any recordkeeping issues with facility personnel.
- Reviews and provides a summary of regulations published in the Federal Register. This includes final rules, proposed rules, advanced notice of proposed rulemakings and summaries that may apply to the facility.
- Assists facility personnel in the use of the Dakota software (Auditor, Profiler, and Tracer).
- Assists facility personnel in the development of a Compliance Calendar and notifications using the Dakota Profiler and Tracer systems.
- Provides training (internal and external) on Environmental Regulations and permit requirements.
- Assist facility personnel in the implementation of any ISO 14001 and Responsible Recycling programs, including assisting with internal audits of these programs.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or a related technical discipline.
2-5 years of experience in the environmental regulatory or compliance field, with specific experience in the RCRA hazardous waste regulations, preferred
KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS / ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA_. Working knowledge of other federal and state-equivalent environmental regulations, such as, but not limited to Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), and the Clean Air Act (CAA).
Must possess strong communication skills and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, peers, management and external contacts.
Must have the ability to manage time and resources efficiently. Along with having good organizational skills.
40-hour HAZWOPER Certification, can be provided on site.
Hazardous Waste Combustor MACT, can be provided on site.
A valid driver’s license
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.