|Location||Traverse City, MI|
|Date Posted||September 12, 2020|
The Grand Traverse County Health Department is seeking interested applicants for full-time temporary (12 + months) Emergency Preparedness Technician. This position will coordinate the logistical work of a COVID-19 response team focused on testing and vaccination clinics for the community.
Primary functions of the job are to assist with the development and implementation of COVID-19 response plans and activities. Provides logistical and staffing support to COVID-19 testing and large scale vaccination operations while assisting key response staff at the local health department.
Employees must meet the minimum requirements, conditions of employment, and be able to perform successfully all essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
This position may require irregular hours. It may also require travel by the employee in the employee's own vehicle. Due to the current public health emergency, will be required to work on-call in an emergency.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include but are not limited to the following)
- Assists in the development and implementation of plans and procedures related to County Public Health Departments response to the COVID-10 pandemic.
- Assist in the facilitation of the Health Department’s training, equipment, and staffing of planned COVID-19 testing and vaccination events as well as the large scale seasonal flu response activities.
- Works alongside the local health department Emergency Preparedness Program to develop, coordinate, and successfully implement COVID-19 testing and vaccination both on site at the local health department and at remote locations across the county.
- Serves as the logistical lead for all onsite and remote COVID-19 testing operations coordinated by the local health department.
- Serves as the logistical lead for all personal protective equipment storage and distribution needs for the public health department’s response team. Works alongside the Emergency Preparedness Program to ensure inventory of supply is adequate and ready for deployment for both internal and external response operations.
- Prepares all needs that the public health departments operations team and testing teams may have for onsite and remote testing and vaccination operations.
- Ensures the Public Health Operations Trailer is prepared for all future and planned deployments.
- Assists with coordination of public health plans with the County’s emergency management team.
- May acts as lead for designated public health emergency management staff, including the coordination of training, overseeing work, and establishing and evaluating appropriate performance standards in accordance with Health Department and County objectives.
- Participates in and/or reports to a variety of meetings and planning session located at the health department and across Grand Traverse County.
- Reviews and updates emergency preparedness manuals and plans.
- Develops, organizes, and coordinates in-house training programs and presentation materials.
- Prepares a variety of reports related to departmental activities and operations.
- Assists with the logistical representation of Public health in the Emergency Operations Center.