|Date Posted||June 30, 2020|
Kentucky is looking to Hire contact tracers to work in the Local Health Departments across the state.
This position involves responsibility for investigating situations concerning individuals who have been in contact with COVID-19, which could result in possible sources of infection. The work includes locating patients of COVID-19 and persons with
whom they have had contact. Investigation procedures involve contacting various information sources such as welfare agencies, neighbors, hospitals, work locations, restaurants and bars. The investigator is primarily concerned with locating persons who should be examined for acute infection.
General supervision is received from an administrative superior with leeway allowed for the exercise of independent
judgment and initiative in carrying out the mandate of the Kentucky Department for Public Health. Certain assignments made to employees in this position will require reasonable access to transportation to meet fieldwork requirements made in the ordinary course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
- Interview patients to elicit information regarding their contacts to COVID-19 positive patients and to determine possible personal and health history related to transmitted diseases.
- Educates and counsels patients regarding transmitted diseases and risk reduction.
- Locates persons who have been reported to have COVID-19 or who have been in contact with infected individuals; directs these individuals to submit necessary laboratory specimens and such other necessary control measures.
- Induces persons who have been in contact with COVID-19 to have medical examinations and laboratory testing as applicable.
- Provides information and education on COVID-19 to phone inquiries.
- Conducts interviews with persons who are COVID-19 positive and assists them in informing their close contacts of their positive status.
- Conducts investigations to discover unreported cases.
- Performs a variety of duties relating to the preparation of reports, entering personal data on patient registers and preparing correspondence to send to patients who are in need of medical examination and treatment.
- Maintains records on all delinquent and/or non-conforming patients.
- Prepares individual narrative reports concerning work procedures and certain patients.
Utilizes appropriate methods for interacting effectively and professionally with persons of all ages and from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, lifestyles and physical abilities.
Current student or graduate from a college of public health, medical science, college of nursing, or school of medicine.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.