|Published||August 5, 2022|
Director of Community Health Opportunity!
Find Your Purpose!
Despite the generally increased availability of COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine providers across Illinois, disparities persist in vaccine confidence, vaccine access, and uptake among groups by race, age, and geographic location. The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago is seeking a Director of Community Health to direct COVID-19 vaccination uptake efforts throughout the Chicagoland suburbs. This is a one-year, grant-funded opportunity. This role will sit in the Ys Community Investment & Social Responsibility Department.
The Director of Community Health is responsible for the execution, operation, and administration of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicagos COVID-19 Vaccination Uptake Program. This position will be responsible for overseeing COVID-19 vaccination uptake efforts which will include, but not be limited to: partnership and capacity building in target COVID-19 vaccination uptake regions, leading community stakeholder meetings and liasoning between community partners and the YMCA of Metro Chicago, identifying and implementing COVID-19 vaccination uptake strategies and other community-level mitigation efforts, aiding to establish and ultimately leading a local-level Community Health Equity Network, and overseeing day-to-day project management and operational tasks of the program.
Our staff is the Y's greatest asset. Our teams provide valuable skills, knowledge, and passion that is essential to the contribution and positive impact in our communities, which is why we offer Y employees numerous perks and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees
- Opportunity for eligible employees to participate in the Y's retirement fund
- Be part of a team that is passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment for all staff, volunteers, and members
- Do meaningful work and contribute to the advancement of the YMCA vision by meeting the needs of the people in our communities
- Complimentary Adult YMCA membership and an employee discount on select programs
- Career advancement opportunities - grow your career at the Y!
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Oversees administrative components of the COVID-19 Vaccination Uptake Program
- Serves as the main contact for local-level, community-based vaccination efforts
- Serves as the leader of the regional Community Health Equity Network
- Develop and maintain partnership relationships
- Manage community partners, stakeholders, and community members to identify and execute on COVID-19 vaccination uptake and other transmission mitigation strategies
- Provide educational information via in-person events and/or webinars on COVID-19 mitigation strategies and overall health equity information
- Markets COVID-19 and other health equity events, efforts, and initiatives at the community level
- Responsible for monthly reporting, in conjunction with the Ys Research & Evaluation team, to the IL Dept of Public Health and other entities
- Supports the mission and strategic plan of the YMCA with other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
- Provides professional development to team members to enhance staff learning, career development and operational effectiveness.
- Supervises and manages the performance of a regional-level Program Manager and a Community Navigator
- Establishes specific measurable performance standards for staff and communicates those expectations to staff through various platforms. Monitors and evaluates team goals and performance standards. Evaluates team members and provides coaching and intervention, as necessary. Coaches, mentors, and develops team members to optimize performance.
- Manages time and attendance for current staff, ensuring that time is accurately recorded in the HRIS system.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent education or experience. Masters degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Community Health, or a related field preferred.
- Experience with health navigation at the community level. Experience with COVID-19, or communicable disease health navigation, is preferred.
- Previous experience in managing cross-site, multi-functional teams
- Minimum of three years experience leading or managing health initiatives or efforts. Experience in community relations, community engagement, or a related field preferred.
- Cultural competence expressed via experience in working with diverse communities (race/ ethnicity, economic, educational)
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
- Strong human relations skills, as well as, personal values and work ethics that are consistent with the YMCA philoso
- Ability to lead, motivate and support a diverse, high-performing team including identifying, selecting, onboarding, developing and evaluating team members.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple, competing priorities to maximize personal and team effectiveness.
- Budget and expense management experience, with the ability to assist in managing budgets to plan.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with members, team members and other stakeholders and constituents.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel), email; ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Ability to travel by car throughout the Chicagoland suburbs
- Flexibility to attend weekend and/or nighttime events and program efforts
- Meet physical qualifications required as outlined in job description. The YMCA will provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
YMCA Vaccine Policy
Were committed to the health and wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days prior to your start date, unless an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.
Child Abuse Prevention:
Supports the YMCAs commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required