|Location||Kansas City, MO|
|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Director, Business Development
Healthcare Analytics Solutions
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2020 revenues of $9.44 billion.
Quest Diagnostics’ vision is to empower better health through actionable insights. Healthcare Analytics Solutions is an intrapreneurial team that is helping to deliver this vision by providing advanced clinical, financial and operational insights to stakeholders across both the care and therapeutic continuums.
Quest provides laboratory data and analytical solutions to Life Science companies, including the top tier pharma companies, that is leveraged throughout the drug development continuum. analytics. Use cases include market analysis and research, research and development (clinical trials design and feasibility, physician outreach and patient outreach), and commercial planning and targeting.
Quest leverages considerable set of unique assets to deliver differentiated solutions, including a tremendous clinical repository, relationships with half the countries providers and hospitals in the United States, over 2000 patient service centers, over 650 active EMR interfaces, and approximately 15,000 mobile care professionals. Quest’s Big Data environment provides high-recency access to a clinical database goes back to 2005, with an average of 150 million unique patient encounters per year.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing the commercial presence and success of the Clinical Trials solutions for Sponsors, CROs and Patients as well as supporting the growth of our pre- and post-Market Analytics program for Pharma and Public Health entities.
Location for this position is flexible within the U.S.
- Partner with Business Leaders to drive sales with consultative selling approach that includes building trust/credibility with clients and partners, understand client context and business requirements, connecting client needs to our capabilities, and articulate the benefits of Quest Diagnostics data, analytics and professional services
- Prospecting and establishing new client relationships
- Write and present proposals and executive-level presentations
- Lead client communication and contract tracking throughout all phases of the sales process
- Day to day sales responsibilities including solutions overview, pricing and proposal development, pipeline management, and leading client meetings
- Coordinate with delivery team to meet client needs and grow existing relationships
- Provide market feedback from clients and prospects on clinical informatics needs and work with
analytics team to refine existing solutions and design new ones
- Work with channel partners to qualify and promote informatics capabilities to existing clients
- Cultivate client relationships to upsell accounts with new / additional services
Understand competitive threats and positioning
- Participate in marketing activities to drive awareness and strengthen brand for informatics capabilities
- Participate in strategic planning to grow information business
- Bachelors required, Master’s or MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of market/program development, in the clinical trials and pharma healthcare analytics industry
- Experience selling to Pharma brand teams
- Prior sales experience in healthcare data driven products & services in the pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated experience writing proposals and closing deals with prospects and existing clients
- Strong negotiating skills
- Solid business and financial acumen
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong cross-functional team player and ability to work in matrix environment
- Willingness to travel domestically, up to 50% of time
- Actions driven by sound strategic thinking
- Organized self-starter with a focus on results
- Internal and External selling and negotiating skills
- Organized multi-tasker
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.