|Published||August 19, 2022|
Director of Privacy, International (Remote or Flex-based)
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2021 revenues of $10.79 billion.
The Director of Privacy, International will interface with Quest Diagnostics colleagues internationally and domestically on in-country and cross-border privacy and data protection issues. Working with the Privacy Office, Compliance and Legal, provide advice, guidance and support to a broad range of corporate functions related to the application of privacy laws, regulations policies and principles where applicable to our global operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of EU data privacy and data protection regulations and an understanding of other major privacy regulations worldwide. The role will provide guidance to the Global Markets, Pharma Solutions, Information Technology, Human Resource and other internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with the evolving global data protection laws and regulatory frameworks. The role will assist in developing and maintaining a streamlined approach for the day-to-day workflow involved in global privacy compliance, including but not limited to data protection impact assessments, transfer impact assessments, record of processing activities, mechanisms for cross border data transfers, data subject requests, and controller/processor designations and obligations.
• Provide guidance on data protection and privacy policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with requirements applicable to operations outside of the United States;
• Supporting the Global Markets and Pharma Solutions organizations in connection with new and existing services to ensure compliance with global privacy and data protection requirements;
• Partnering with Legal, IT Security, Human Resources and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with global privacy and data protection regulations, as applicable, such as GDPR and PIPEDA;
• Supporting the development and delivery of privacy training materials and other communications to further employee understanding privacy requirements and best practices in a global setting;
• Assist in developing a streamlined approach for the completion and management of transfer impact assessments, data privacy impact assessments, record of processing activities, and related documentation, as needed;
• Develop and mature data templates;
• Support the Privacy Office in responding to individual right requests, complaints, and privacy incidents relating to our non-U.S. operations, where applicable;
• Assist the broader Privacy Office team in a variety of projects and initiatives on an as-needed basis.
Required Work Experience:
• Strong understanding of EU data privacy and data protection regulations and an understanding of other major privacy legislation worldwide;
• Experience with clinical trials in international settings strongly preferred;
• Experience advising on best practices and compliance with global privacy and data protection regulations, as well as providing guidance on data collection and use, privacy disclosures and transparency, and related issues, in a global setting;
• Experience with design, implementation and maintenance of privacy compliance policies, procedures and programs
• Demonstrated ability to translate regulatory requirements into practical, compliant and actionable elements while supporting business strategy.
• Experience in performing DPIAs, TIAs, ROPAs
Preferred Work Experience:
• Project management experience a plus
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in ambiguous situations
• Cognitive ability to observe and interpret information, assess data, make an assessment and recall details as needed
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time as routinely found in an office environment
Travel Required: Up to 25% (Domestic)
Education: B.S. or equivalent required; J.D. strongly preferred
Required Technical Training or Professional Licensing:
Preferred Technical Training or Professional Licensing: CIPP/E, CIPP/US and/or CIPM or other relevant privacy certification highly desirable
• Demonstrable track record of making informed decisions despite ambiguity, prioritizing and delivery measurable results in a fast-paced environment
• Effective communication (verbal and written), research, drafting, proofreading, planning, organizational and computer skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with colleagues, customers and patients
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure
• Ability to follow through, meet deadlines, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, anticipate requirements and build relationships
• Must be resourceful and creative with a roll-up your sleeves mentality
• Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build relationships and interact with colleagues at all levels within the organization;
• Self-motivated and results-oriented
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 8 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.