|Published||May 7, 2022|
|Job Type||Contractor Full-time|
Director Business Development – Pharma & Diagnostics Services
Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies,” Quest Diagnostics (www.QuestDiagnostics.com) is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. We are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, with 2021 revenues of $10.79 billion.
The Director of Business Development is ultimately accountable for building and leading the sales function for the Pharma and Diagnostic Services team at Quest Diagnostics. This role will lead sales directors that represent Quest’s team to biopharma and diagnostic companies and will be responsible for driving sales and revenue growth across the business and product lines within the company. The Director of Business Development is responsible for leading and executing all sales activities and coaching each team member to develop and execute a sales plan that will drive business growth to increase revenues and profits. This successful candidate will collaborate extensively with key stakeholders within the business. Additionally, this role is responsible for all aspects of the sales process including leading the development and implementation of best sales practices. As this role is a sales role with broad latitude to drive business growth, there will be a commission structure for this role that is related to sales targets for the business unit.
• Hire, develop and coach front line sales leaders (and reps) to exceed sales targets for assigned territories and/or assigned business lines
• Develop, grow, and strengthen key accounts
• Create the market strategy(ies) and translate them into tactics and plans
• Lead and inspire sales teams to achieve all business results
• Develop effective sales teams
• Collaborate actively with operations to meet customer needs
• Coordinates and collaborates with internal staff including operations, medical and scientific, and regulatory teams to enable business development opportunities
• Developing and implementing a sales strategy through the sales team that includes:
o Introductory Meetings
o Proposal Development
o Pricing Recommendations
o Closing Proposals
o Addressing and Presenting Change Orders
o Market research and analysis and market intelligence to identify service gaps or market opportunities
• 15+ years of healthcare experience or equivalent education and experience is required; 10+ years of biopharmaceutical R&D and/or reference lab experience is preferred
• Sales Team Creation and Leadership experience is required
• Contract Research – biopharmaceutical and diagnostic product development sales experience is preferred
• Strong problem-solving capabilities
• Knowledge of Biopharmaceutical and Diagnostic product development lifecycle including regulatory environment.
• Sales Team Leadership experience
• Marketing Leadership experience
• Financial Management experience
• Customer Relationship Management experience
• Fluency with modern CRM tools, internet, and other industry research tool
• Lead and direct a team of sales directors that sell Quest capabilities and services to biopharmaceutical and diagnostic companies
• BA/BS is required; MBA preferred
• Travel Required: Domestic 25-50%
• Business Acumen
• Strategic Thinking
• Team Leadership
• Problem Solving/Analysis
• Business Development
About Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics empowers people to take action to improve health outcomes. Derived from the world's largest database of clinical lab results, our diagnostic insights reveal new avenues to identify and treat disease, inspire healthy behaviors and improve health care management. Quest Diagnostics annually serves one in three adult Americans and half the physicians and hospitals in the United States, and our nearly 50,000 employees understand that, in the right hands and with the right context, our diagnostic insights can inspire actions that transform lives.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 8 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine’s Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2020 America’s Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
• S&P 500
• Barron’s 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 ‘Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality’ in New Jersey
• Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year.
• Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
• Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests — such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count — to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
About COVID-19 testing at Quest Diagnostics
Quest Diagnostics is at the forefront of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, working to broaden access to laboratory insights to help us all lead healthier lives. We provide both molecular diagnostic and antibody serology tests to aid in the diagnosis of COVID-19 and immune response. Our COVID-19 test services are based on tests that have received FDA emergency use authorization and which also meet our high standards for quality. We are providing these test services under the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act.
We provide data on COVID-19 testing to various federal and state public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and participate in studies with government and private institutions, aiding COVID-19 public health response and research. Through our team of dedicated phlebotomists, air fleet team, couriers and laboratory professionals, Quest Diagnostics works hard every day to help patients and communities across the United States access quality COVID-19 testing.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics’ reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics’ long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking “Job Search” and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.