|Date Posted||December 2, 2021|
Defense Value Improvement Project Lead - Digital and Supply Chain
Please note, there is a change in our requirements regarding the Covid-19 vaccine. A detailed statement can be found below in the basic requirement section of the posting.
Lead and drive the maintenance and development of the Sub-tier Visibility in Procurement tool with the Microsoft PowerBI platform. Support strategic projects involving changes to forging, casting and special processes in other areas of defense, including working with suppliers. Work with the SMTs and Commercial team to identify opportunities to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery in the supply chain. Travel to suppliers and work directly with personnel on improvement projects. Support and lead improvement projects where requested and act as liaison between purchasing (Operations and Strategic) and SMEs for issues around forgings, castings and special processes that can’t be addressed by the VI engineer.
At Rolls-Royce, innovation is in our DNA. We pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions across multiple markets. We embrace the power of data and technology and we aim to be Digital First in everything we do.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Lead and drive the maintenance and development of the Sub-tier Visibility in Procurement tool with the Microsoft PowerBI platform
- Project manager the digital supply chain visibility tool improvements
- Support strategic projects involving changes to forging, casting and special processes in other areas of defense, including working with suppliers
- Work with the SMTs and Commercial team to identify opportunities to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery in the supply chain
- Act as Liaison between purchasing (Operations and Strategic) and SMEs for issues around forgings, castings, and special processes
- Facilitate and leads cross-functional technical teams, review test data and provide analysis
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials or Mechanical Engineering field with 3+ years of experience, or Master's degree in engineering field with 1+ year of experience, or JD/PhD
- 9+ years of experience in Mechanical or Material Design, Supply Chain, Software Tool Development and Project Leadership in lieu of degree
- Have helped design, create, and implement a database tool that has yielded improvements
- Must be a US Citizen
In accordance with US Federal Executive Order 14042, its implementing guidelines, and our internal policies, candidates should be aware that after an offer is accepted, proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for this position. Individuals who may need an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirements due to a medical condition or religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Please note, federal, state, customer or company policy COVID-19 requirements may change before or after the start date.
- Proven ability to project management and deliver results by developing effective relationships with stakeholders
- Proficient creating reports and writing queries in Power BI Desktop, and with Microsoft Excel including coding in Visual Basic
- Understanding of data analysis, databases, data management concepts, and/or AI/ML capabilities with experience in digital tools such as SAP, Kanbanize, RR MRB and RR MVA web apps
- Working Knowledge of Forging, Casting and Special Processes and understanding of, and experience with, Design/Source and Method approval processes for raw material, forgings, castings and special processes (fixed processes, datacards, FAIRs)
- Knowledge of no code/low code applications and familiarity with Python programming
- Ability to build relationships with supplier personnel and internal employees to foster open & honest communication. Candid communication skills will be critical to success in the role
Pioneer the next generation of innovation. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for its brilliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are keeping our people safe by offering the option to work from home where possible and necessary. If you’re successful for this role you’ll be expected to work from home on a temporary basis. When Rolls-Royce updates the safety protocols related to COVID-19, you may be required to work in multiple spaces (home, office, alternate locations, etc.) as needed across the work week. These may vary dependent on required tasks, the needs of the team, and the focus of the organization.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
18 Nov 2021; 00:11